Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like a nice way to learn chess.

Comment

And it has bowling. I’m always up for bowling.

Comment

All joking aside, I remember picking 42 All-Time Classics up for £9.97 in Tesco (remember those days?!). I spent so long on some of those games. Darts I remember being a particularly silly one that I got hooked on. This sequel is £35 at launch which is probably a fair price.

I think this might be the tipping point for me buying a Switch.
        Last edited by Digfox; 20-05-2020, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
          This sequel is £35 at launch which is probably a fair price.
          Couldn't disagree more. £25 should be the max price for this when what it is is taken into full consideration.

£35 is 1-2-Switch level overpriced IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
            And it has bowling. I’m always up for bowling.
            Why, why, don't they remake Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort using the joycons? Money on the table. Or they could have Tennis on here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Couldn't disagree more. £25 should be the max price for this when what it is is taken into full consideration.

£35 is 1-2-Switch level overpriced IMO.
              Fair enough. I've spend the past few days pricing up a Switch (worst timing ever) and a lot of the games seem expensive (particularly physical). Maybe that influenced my comment.
              Last edited by Digfox; 20-05-2020, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                Why, why, don't they remake Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort using the joycons? Money on the table. Or they could have Tennis on here too.
                Yep, agree totally with that. Maybe something similar is in the pipeline now the Switch has become a commercial success; we can only hope. I’d also love to see a return of Nintendoland. But maybe that’s just me.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  Because the Joy-Con motion control tech is considerably inferior to the Wiimote/Wiimote Plus tech.

Comment

Well that is a shame. And also surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Because the Joy-Con motion control tech is considerably inferior to the Wiimote/Wiimote Plus tech.
                      I think it's inferior to the Wiimote Plus, bit not quite so inferior to the regular Wiimote. The only think it lacks is the IR pointer, which I don't believe WiiSports used (only Resort did). The games in 1-2-Switch show enough to suggest you could easily make the games of the original WiiSports for Switch. You just couldn't do Sports Resort.

Comment

The whole handheld function of the Switch killed the motion control element pretty much out of the gate. In practice people on the move use it as a traditional handheld and for the Switch 2 they should probably look to cut costs by skipping wiimote elements altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I think it's inferior to the Wiimote Plus, bit not quite so inferior to the regular Wiimote. The only think it lacks is the IR pointer, which I don't believe WiiSports used (only Resort did). The games in 1-2-Switch show enough to suggest you could easily make the games of the original WiiSports for Switch. You just couldn't do Sports Resort.
                          I was referring to the motion control aspect.

For me, both versions of the Wiimote have better motion control than the Joy-Con do.

CBA to Google for it, but I'm pretty sure that I read something on NIntendo Life or somewhere else that highlighted that the Joy-Con motion control wasn't as robust as that of the Wiimote motion control, if not downright limited in comparison.

That may well be why we've yet to see older games like Skyward Sword, that rely on good motion control, appear on Switch.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-05-2020, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            The whole handheld function of the Switch killed the motion control element pretty much out of the gate. In practice people on the move use it as a traditional handheld and for the Switch 2 they should probably look to cut costs by skipping wiimote elements altogether.
                            A game which illustrates this really well, IMO, is the Mario & Sonic Olympics game, because for nearly every event, that offers you a choice of 2 different motion control styles or buttons - and in our experience, you just always end up using buttons. Unfortunately it doesn't make the game good.

Comment

I found this on Nintendolife:

Then I found this on the Dolphin site. It says the Joycon sensors are better but doesn't go further:

"Unlike modern motion controllers, like Nintendo's Joycons, MotionPlus technology used rather imprecise gyroscopes that lose track of the Wii Remote's precise orientation after strenuous motions like swings."

Your eyes are not deceiving you, MotionPlus emulation is finally here. In a dramatic return to the project after a long hiatus, Billiard returned to the project with the goal of cleaning up emulated Wii Remotes and implementing emulated MotionPlus correctly once and for all. These efforts have greatly improved...

Seems the IR sensor helped the Wii Remotes ground themselves in 3D space and the MotionPlus added movement axes.

I haven't tried anything on the Switch that mimics a Wii remote yet - only aiming in Zelda BotW and flicking movements in Mario Odyssey - but some people have been using Joycons as replacement Wii Remotes with Dolphin.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Nintendo will be frothing at the mouth and apparently are already moving to close the empty stable the horse bolted from

Someone has ported the PC native build of Super Mario 64 over to the Switch and it seems to run flawlessly.
                                Tried this the other day. It's great.
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X