Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION] If we bought 3 copies for each of our Switch consoles, we would have an island each with the ability to visit one another? Also, still have the ability live on an island together?

Comment

You would share an island if you share the Switch. You'll all have separate island but will be able to visit each other.

March 1st = pre-purchase time for me!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Thanks guys. [MENTION=2386]Family Fry[/MENTION] If we bought 3 copies for each of our Switch consoles, we would have an island each with the ability to visit one another? Also, still have the ability live on an island together?
        As Kryss says one island per switch so to share an island you have to share the switch.

Here’s a video explaining it.

Comment

They could of solved this simply by having the save file on the cart like past versions. That way anyone wanting to use it on another system, like a lite, can do, plus the save files are still secure and your able to all play on the same island with local friends.

But no, they couldn’t of possibly used even a smudge of common sense with what is their biggest release of the year. In fact it seems they’ve actually gone out their way to make a completely worst case scenario save file wise.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

But no, they couldn’t of possibly used even a smudge of common sense with what is their biggest release of the year. In fact it seems they’ve actually gone out their way to make a completely worst case scenario save file wise.
            The Nintendo Way.

Comment

Althought you're right, it seems daft on the surface (akin to having no cloud backup of Splatoon), I'm going to at least give them the benefit of the doubt until we see the full ramifications of the approach. It just seems sooo counter-intuitive that I've got to assume they have some compelling reason for it, because just having a separate savegame for each user in this case would be easier for them to implement.

Comment

No, no benefit of the doubt, Nintendo are 30 years past that and things like this shouldn't even happen, at all.

Comment

Yep, but if you consider Asura’s point, pretty much every other game on the Switch, including Nintendo’s own, have separate save files per account that don’t cross over. This is the default way of doing things, as established by Nintendo themselves. So to veer from that now, for whatever reason, is a very active choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                    Doom 1 and 2 are like £1.50 each or something atm, putting that out there.
                    Just as an addition to this, the Final Doom and Sigil packs have been added free along with some other one. To get them, you have to go into add-ons and login with a Bethesda account. They are determined you’re going to get an account whether you like it or not.

Comment

No, no benefit of the doubt, Nintendo are 30 years past that and things like this shouldn't even happen, at all.
                      Benefit of the doubt that we all know MS and Sony simply wouldn't get if they displayed similar ineptitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Althought you're right, it seems daft on the surface (akin to having no cloud backup of Splatoon), I'm going to at least give them the benefit of the doubt until we see the full ramifications of the approach. It just seems sooo counter-intuitive that I've got to assume they have some compelling reason for it, because just having a separate savegame for each user in this case would be easier for them to implement.
                        I think it's going to be best played with multiple people on one island. There's soooooooooooo much stuff to get done on these bloody games that I wish I could have had help in the past.

There's no way I'm repeating all of that ever again. I have more than enough crap jobs to contend with in real life.

Comment

I don’t know. I guess we’ll have to see how it plays out but I don’t necessarily want my kids unlocking stuff when I’m not playing it and I definitely don’t want them leaving badly designed tiles everywhere. I’d much rather have the boundary of my own save and my own island. Like Asura and I have said, there is something very deliberate happening here but I’m struggling to see the positive. With the 3DS version, you could have a second player on your turf and yet still each cart was its own game and that kind of had the best of both worlds - you had choice.

Could it be something as simple as having horribly huge save files so they don’t want to double up on a single system?

Comment

My life, roughly:

14hrs a week walking my dog and picking up dog ****.
                            8hrs a week driving wife/child around.
                            5hrs a week cleaning my house/stuff.
                            4hrs a week loading/unloading the dishwasher.
                            2hrs a week helping with laundry (dog hairs seasonal).
                            Perpetual DIY bollocks.

Coming up:
                            Gardening.
                            More DIY bollocks.

Plus more... and I don't even have it half as bad as some people I know!!

It doesn't matter how charming I try making all of that by wearing bright-coloured Nintendo t-shirts with the OoT soundtrack on in the background... I really CANNOT WAIT until my son is old enough to accept cash for these tasks. I honestly think AC is going to be great with multiple people sharing the load. Or, you could all just dodge a bullet by not playing it at all.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat (not actually in a boat) but I guess thinking of it in a different way. My kids get way more time to play games than I do. My game time is really tiny right now. So I just have this feeling that I'll find out about most of the new things in AC when my kids tell me about them because they'll be on it all the time, where I'd much rather do that myself even if it takes ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Could it be something as simple as having horribly huge save files so they don’t want to double up on a single system?

I cant recall ever seeing a large Nintendo save file.

Comment

Working...
                                X