X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    My bad - here's where I saw it

Link itself - https://t.co/Yf9Hiizf0I?amp=1 - seems to be down right now, but even when it's up I'm expecting at least some of the hurdles we've seen before - Japanese paid online account, Japanese address, Japanese-registered credit card, etc.
    urgh that's me out then i really can't be arsed dealing with the japanese nintendo online store.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I really don't get why they'd want to make 3D All-Stars a limited run. It's an easy 20M seller.
      Okay, I just scanned the video rather than watching the whole thing but I'm not even sure I'm getting this. It sounded like it was even limited in digital form? Is the physical just going to be scalper bait? Feels like it.

I also didn't quite understand how the Mario Kart AR game works.

But I'm happy to see All-Stars make it to the SNES collection. That's very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I love how this is making us go "This is amazing, Wow! Look at all these games... that are limited release... in Japan..."
        Not just in Japan, all over they will be limited.

Comment

Apart from Super Mario 35. And Super Mario 3D World. And Mario Kart Home Circuit. And SNES Online All-Stars. And 3D All-Stars digital.

So, the only two limited things being that Game & Watch, which is no more than a collector's piece, and physical 3D All-Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Its like Nintendo actually like scalpers more than direct sales.
            To be fair there's a six month window for picking up by far the most requested collection in gaming history. If you don't buy a physical copy on release, or within six months, then you either can't be that arsed or you're probably some collector/scalper from the future anyway.

You can get a digital copy regardless. No one is losing out here other than Nintendo.

Comment

The 3D collection is a def as expected, it's still pretty fair to ask why Galaxy 2 is the only 3D era Mario game not available though, really odd ommission and bound to bring years of nagging on Nintendo now.

The Mario Kart AR game, sorry, it looks pretty naff We have a MK remote control car and it's really decent but snags on the carpet, there's only so much room for it etc. This is the same thing except you don't even look at the kart as you play rendering it pretty pointless beyond the need for the camera. Even then it's Mario Kart played on the worlds worst MK courses ever. A very Nintendo idea but a dead cert to be collecting dust in many homes by new year.

3D World, hopefully the expansion is decently sized as based on all those release dates it doesn't look likely that a new Switch game is coming to the system pre-2021

Comment

Woah, hang on. The digital version of All Stars is only going to be available till March 31st 2021. What on earth...I have no idea why that would be.

See here: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...s-1832369.html

Comment

Yep, the digital is limited too.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Woah, hang on. The digital version of All Stars is only going to be available till March 31st 2021. What on earth...I have no idea why that would be.

See here: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...s-1832369.html
                    Hilarious.

Oh well, I'll just grab a physical copy some time in the new year. No sweat. I don't even have a Switch right now anyway.

The only time this is going to be a concern is when people are complaining about $300 copies on eBay.

I wouldn't buy two copies, though. It might end up turning out like the Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Pack.

ie. People shifting multiple sealed copies on eBay for around retail price for all eternity. Plenty of people will be stocking up, so $300 copies might not even be a thing in the end.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 03-09-2020, 14:47.

Comment

If I can't get hold of the game & watch I shall scream like a child.

Comment

Why haven't they been upscaled at all? After all, fans have effectively remade 64 for them with the data leak and as for sunshine and galaxy, they lovely through dolphin at 1080p.

Comment

I haven't double checked but apparently Sonic appears in the 4 minute montage... but Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't even have a mention in it. Curious that Nintendo is dodging even referencing that entry now...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            but Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't even have a mention in it. Curious that Nintendo is dodging even referencing that entry now...
                            Tbf, SMG2 was a commercial flop by Wii standards.

But yeah, it definitely should be in the compilation. You'd imagine that Nintendo will eventually cave into the inevitable demand and release it later down the line anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Why haven't they been upscaled at all? After all, fans have effectively remade 64 for them with the data leak and as for sunshine and galaxy, they lovely through dolphin at 1080p.
                              They have been upscaled, and given 16:9 viewports.

Unless you mean totally remastered?

Comment

I know someone who bought a Switch a few months ago and has been curious what will be next out after Animal Crossing but hates Mario... they might be getting buyers regret soon

Comment

Working...
                                X