Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon UK currently taking pre-orders for the G&W too.

£50 tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
      They were at 5500 yen, or so, but were quickly snapped up. Then they appeared for an hour or so at 12,800 yen. Now all sellers are offering them at 25,000 yen.
      Well that didnt take long, man marketplace sellers are scum sometimes. Slapping 20,000 yen exta on top of the price, nobody is ever gonna pay that. Japan hurting for that covid missed olympics yen i see.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Amazon UK currently taking pre-orders for the G&W too.

£50 tho.
        No surprise there. Better that than £200+ off scalpers a month after release.

Still can’t get over the cost of Home Circuit, just nuts.

Comment

Well I'm certainly not paying it but I wasn't hugely surprised by the price point. If it works anywhere near as well as the video made out, the tech is pretty good and it's a remote control car plus the cost of the game software so I wasn't expecting it to be much cheaper. But it's definitely not an amount I would pay for it, as much as I like the look of it.

Comment

From what i heard you don't even get a cart of the software for the gokart thing, it's a digital code in the box which seems really weird as even labo came with physical carts.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              From what i heard you don't even get a cart of the software for the gokart thing, it's a digital code in the box which seems really weird as even labo came with physical carts.
              Oh... like, single use? That would be a hugely limiting factor given how poor and locked down the Switch's account systems are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Oh... like, single use? That would be a hugely limiting factor given how poor and locked down the Switch's account systems are.
                Don't know how true it is till it's released and in peoples hands, as so far i only heard it been said on neogaf. But if peole buy it and the kids get bored & they try to sell they are gonna be out of luck as the software is used to control the kart will be stuck on their switch. Can't see nintendo giving a multi use code out they essentially locked out second hand sale with this thing.

Comment

It loses a lot of family use too in that case, locked to a single Switch in a household. Although I honestly don't get why this awkwardness hasn't become a bigger issue for the Switch generally - with Nintendo having such great family games, the system is a disaster for anyone who wants more than one Switch in their house.

Edit: Just on a quick search, it does seem it is a download but it might not be a code - the software might be available to everyone. I guess it's no use without the car.
                  Last edited by Dogg Thang; 04-09-2020, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Awesome so when Ninty shut the switch store down the karts are redundant.

Comment

That's okay, it's still not guaranteed that when Switch 2 launches the entire digital library owners have won't be redundant like in the past too. I still don't understand the digital embrace when it comes to Nintendo for consumers

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        I still don't understand the digital embrace when it comes to Nintendo for consumers
                        Its quite simple. See Nintendo like lots of profit, by wiping your library each generation you end up buying it all over again, thus generating more Nintendo profits.

Comment

Not so much Nintendo, more why consumers are so eager to get rinsed by Nintendo

Comment

I do it the other way around. I rinse them. As soon as their next-gen is announced I slap CFW on my device and go wild while selling all of my games to fund the next machine. It's great.

I could probably send my Wii and WiiU to the Doomsday Seed Bank. My GBA and 3DS too, for that matter.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 04-09-2020, 21:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Not so much Nintendo, more why consumers are so eager to get rinsed by Nintendo
                              I've just thought about this some more. It's really quite simple:

Step 1 - Make really good, sometimes revolutionary, games that leave a deep, lasting impression.
                              Step 2 - Re-release them with minimal effort after people have either sold or archived the old machines.
                              Step 3 - Stay in the industry long enough to keep Step 2 going for as long as possible while maintaining Step 1 momentum.

They don't even need to "wipe your library" for Step 2 (lol - Seriously, when has that ever happened?). When the old favourites are presented on the newer, more convenient, format; people will fight tooth and nail over each other to get at them irrespective of already having the capability to play the games in question anyway - as evidenced with the pre-order hysteria in this very thread.

There's also the maturity of the portfolio to take into consideration. Nintendo are selling games from the 1980s because they actually have games from the 1980s that they can still sell. I remember people complaining about being rinsed when it came to buying Super Mario Bros. on the GBA, and that was 2003. How many times has SMB been made available to purchase since then? How many more times has it sold? If people keep buying it they're going to keep releasing it. I bet it's sold WAY more times on follow-up hardware compared to the NES version.

We'll be covering the exact same topic forty years from now.

Comment

Please delete.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-09-2020, 23:12. Reason: Please delete.

Comment

Working...
                                X