Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, hopefully it does well so that it nudges Nintendo to yank it's finger out and finish development on Pikmin 4. Such an odd series in how Miyamoto announces development on a new entry and they spend absolutely years on it just for it to come out not being that different to the previous entries.

It was expected, not so much anticipated, raises another flag as to why Nintendo is being so lapse during what should be the Switches most vibrant and exciting year for software from them though. I'd be lying it if coming out all the way back on 30 October didn't come across like an ill omen for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      hopefully it does well so that it nudges Nintendo to yank it's middle finger out and finish development on Pikmin 4.
      Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        I mean, hopefully it does well so that it nudges Nintendo to yank it's finger out and finish development on Pikmin 4. Such an odd series in how Miyamoto announces development on a new entry and they spend absolutely years on it just for it to come out not being that different to the previous entries.

It was expected, not so much anticipated, raises another flag as to why Nintendo is being so lapse during what should be the Switches most vibrant and exciting year for software from them though. I'd be lying it if coming out all the way back on 30 October didn't come across like an ill omen for the rest of the year.
        If it does well, it will probably have the same effect that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had. They'll think that it has done enough to scratch the Pikmin itch for this gen, and not release a new one at all on Switch.

Comment

Nintendo have removed Pikmin 3 from the Wii U eShop and have also stopped selling the budget-priced Nintendo Selects version on NUKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
            If it does well, it will probably have the same effect that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had. They'll think that it has done enough to scratch the Pikmin itch for this gen, and not release a new one at all on Switch.
            Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Nintendo have removed Pikmin 3 from the Wii U eShop and have also stopped selling the budget-priced Nintendo Selects version on NUKS.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...switch_release
              Obviously.

Comment

Now that actually is the middle finger to WiiU owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                  Pikmin 3.

Nintendo continue to give the middle finger to Wii U owners.
                  They've pulled the WiiU version from the eShop too.

Comment

I own Pikmin 3 on the WiiU. How exactly is this a middle-finger to me? Are they going to send someone round to confiscate my copy while giving me a black eye?

Comment

Seems a bit odd to pull physical copies from sale you’d have thought they would want any old stock to be sold eventually but then again this has happened with all Nintendo systems as time goes on. Sucks I guess if someone for some reason had been holding off getting a U as now Pikmin is gonna start to get expensive. On the other hand I’m pretty chuffed as I never bothered with U so as a switch owner I can slowly get to play a lot of the U exclusives if I wanted to the wii U version is the only pikmin game I never got to play.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Seems a bit odd to pull physical copies from sale you’d have thought they would want any old stock to be sold eventually but then again this has happened with all Nintendo systems as time goes on. Sucks I guess if someone for some reason had been holding off getting a U as now Pikmin is gonna start to get expensive. On the other hand I’m pretty chuffed as I never bothered with U so as a switch owner I can slowly get to play a lot of the U exclusives if I wanted to the wii U version is the only pikmin game I never got to play.
                        If I had my time again, there's no way I'd have bothered with Wii U either, as there's only Mario 3D World on it that I like and can't play on Switch, once Pikmin is released. As it is, looks like I'm going a gen without a new Mario Kart, a new NSMB, a new Pikmin or a new Donkey Kong.

Comment

The uncharted comparison doesn't work as that included 3 games. Nintendo can't be arsed re-doing Pikmin 1 and 2 again. Anything in SD is obviously harder for them but for 50 dollars RRP this should include the trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            I own Pikmin 3 on the WiiU. How exactly is this a middle-finger to me? Are they going to send someone round to confiscate my copy while giving me a black eye?
                            This is Nintendo we’re talking about here.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              The uncharted comparison doesn't work as that included 3 games. Nintendo can't be arsed re-doing Pikmin 1 and 2 again. Anything in SD is obviously harder for them but for 50 dollars RRP this should include the trilogy.
                              There isn't a comparison. I think Zaki meant that Pikmin 3 on the Switch wasn't any more of a middle finger to Wii-U owners than the Uncharted Collection on PS4 was to PS3 owners.

Comment

I dont think its a middle finger either, despite having played it on wii u. Ive double dipped a few times! Would be better value if it was all 3 games though, of course. The added co op might make it worth the full rrp though.

Comment

Working...
                                X