Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bioshock collection is out today but I'm guessing there is next to nothing on the card itself? I can't seem to find any definitive info on how they work. I know someone asked a similar question about the Borderlands games. Any answers? Do they download based on having the physical card or is it codes so they may as well be a digital purchase?

Comment

On Amazon's page it's mentioned that a 31GB download is required so by the looks it's the usual case of having to download most of the data across the games

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        On Amazon's page it's mentioned that a 31GB download is required so by the looks it's the usual case of having to download most of the data across the games
        Yep, that's what I figure. What I'm trying to nail down is, as asked above about Borderlands, if codes are involved which would make them single use and couldn't be used across different systems. Or whether the card can access all three games on any system, albeit with a hefty download.

Comment

More than likely single use.

Comment

So, I'm pretty excited for 51 Worldwide Game (yeah, a woohoooo ), however it seems some games are motion sensor controlled i.e Bowling and Darts (dart looks awesome by the way). Anyway, I'm trying to get to the bottom of whether or not these games are still supported on Lite consoles. There's no world (from what I can see) on the official site regarding this. Does anyone know if this is 51 games or 49? :P

Comment

If you have to detach the joycons, it won't be compatible...I would have though, although the Ninty page doesn't say anything about it and they are usually pretty good with stuff like that.

The Japanese page for the game says there are 15 games that need a set of Joycon for 2-player modes for Switch Lite owners.

Comment

Yeah, I can see why But, I hope they've supported control for Darts and Bowling for solo Lite players.

[EDIT] The very bottom of page states: "Bowling", "Darts" and "Fishing" cannot be played with the Nintendo Switch Pro controller.

Still nothing regarding Lite console though.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  So, I'm pretty excited for 51 Worldwide Game (yeah, a woohoooo ), however it seems some games are motion sensor controlled i.e Bowling and Darts (dart looks awesome by the way). Anyway, I'm trying to get to the bottom of whether or not these games are still supported on Lite consoles. There's no world (from what I can see) on the official site regarding this. Does anyone know if this is 51 games or 49? :P
                  There is a thread on Resetera where this video shows both Bowling and Darts being played in handheld mode and with touch (along with many other games in handheld mode). (6.07 mins for bowling and 8.05 for darts).

So it sounds to me like everything will be playable on the Lite.

And also a neat feature...won't preview it in case anyone doesn't want to see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=RGYHQUHyft0

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Yep, that's what I figure. What I'm trying to nail down is, as asked above about Borderlands, if codes are involved which would make them single use and couldn't be used across different systems. Or whether the card can access all three games on any system, albeit with a hefty download.
                    Taken from reddit (source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...that_released/) The Bioshock Collection has first parts of each game on the cart + the download for the rest of the missing data, and same with XCOM that has the first 2 missions on cart and teh rest a download. Whereas for Borderland Collection, only Borderlands is included on the cart, the other games are included as a download code

Comment

Thanks, that’s the info I was looking for. Odd they went for different systems but good for Bioshock, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                        There is a thread on Resetera where this video shows both Bowling and Darts being played in handheld mode and with touch (along with many other games in handheld mode). (6.07 mins for bowling and 8.05 for darts).

So it sounds to me like everything will be playable on the Lite.

And also a neat feature...won't preview it in case anyone doesn't want to see it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=RGYHQUHyft0
                        Thanks for this!

I picked up the download version from Shopto for £27.85

Comment

Does anyone know if you *need* the stylus that’s being packaged with some versions? If not, I’m tempted to go the download route too.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                            Does anyone know if you *need* the stylus that’s being packaged with some versions? If not, I’m tempted to go the download route too.
                            I haven't personally seen any mention of a stylus. Is this a Japan/US thing? The only thing I've seen with the UK version if the free pen the Official Nintendo UK store are including with either the digital or physical versions.

Comment

Yeah, you’re right - my mistake. I’ve got it in my Amazon basket & misinterpreted the pen as a stylus. Relief all round.

Comment

[MENTION=2946]gordon[/MENTION] Ah OK. You had me for a moment. Started looking for a version with a stylus

Comment

Working...
                                X