Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recently picked up a WiiU Pro Controller as well, it's easier for him to control the games with it and I can effectively use the Game Pad to do multiplayer with him whilst also having control over what he accesses.

Comment

That's a great money-saving idea. My son is 3 this month, and Christmas is probably going to be tight. The problem is my WiiU is packed up back in Malaysia.

The best part is all the games are physical (other than Yoshi and Mario Maker). He absolutely loves pulling out shelves/boxes of DVDs to look at the pictures. It's too bad movie rental places don't still exist - he'd be in his element.

Thinking I could probably drip feed him the games over the course of a couple of years as well...

Comment

I'm enjoying this Wii-U renaissance!

Comment

Started him off with a 2DS, it's taken some of the initial battering whilst he learns to be careful and how to play games so whilst it's a tad knocked (but very cheap to replace if it ever broke) about I'm assuming Jr2 will start playing with that whilst he starts to dominate the TV with the WiiU when he gets to it.

Comment

My eldest daughter (7) has been glued to my Switch recently, absolutely battering Mario Maker. Always having something new to play, however simple, is perfect for her.

Comment

I'm just worried mine would trash the switch or the joycons or both... Maybe a 2DS is a good idea as it's portable as well and pretty solid.

Comment

A 2DS would be reasonably sturdy for a kid one of those models that has no hinge, slap on a pair of screen protectors and your good to go plus 3DS games in the uk are reasonably cheap barring a few pricy titles.

Comment

Or just get a 64GB SD card and go wild with CFW.

Comment

Well, I've registered with Nintendo to have them take my Joycons. The SL button on the red one has completely broken (with, honestly, very little use) and both sticks drift; it was something I could ignore up until recently but I sat down to play Starlink today and it was absolutely intolerable. Had the machine since pretty much launch.

Waiting for them to get back to me, but let's see how that works out.

Comment

I don't really use my joy cons any more. I play mostly handheld and have swapped over to the Hori Split Pad Pro.

I'm also going to get a pro controller for the odd times I am docked. So hopefully my joy cons will last ...

Comment

Nintendo will hold its next Switch presentation focused on indie games today, 18th August at 5pm UK time. Expect roughl…

The next Direct is tomorrow but hopes are dashed again as it emerges it's another Indie focused one

Comment

Still no word if that Amazon UK listing for Skyward Sword is true or not...

Comment

oh my god THEY'RE ANNOUNCING A NEW SMASH CHARACTER

PROBABLY THE SWITCH 2 AS WELL

LIKELY WE'LL GET A RELEASE DATE AND NEW FOOTAGE FOR METROID PRIME 4!!!!!

Comment

Lol it's probably new joy con colours...

Comment

Or maybe a new first-party release that's two months from launch. Like they just did with Paper Mario.

Oh, it's just an indie Direct.

Comment

Working...
                                X