Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So some you guys excited for 51 Worldwide Games?

Comment

Damn right, I am. Looks a great variety of games. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        So some you guys excited for 51 Worldwide Games?
        Do Bears picnic in the woods?...

I've just picked up a Switch Lite and although I always was at some point the presence of this game pushed me over the edge. I'm not sure I can pick it up on release day but I will likely be ordering it soon. Look forward to seeing the impressions.

Comment

Xenoblade Chronicles DE has sub-par resolution - can't maintain 720p in docked mode and falls below 480p in handheld mode - and it shows.

Disappointing.

Comment

So, pretty much how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 behaved.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              So, pretty much how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 behaved.
              Precisely.

Crazy that Monolith Soft seemingly didn't try to rectify the XC2 engine's flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Precisely.

Crazy that Monolith Soft seemingly didn't try to rectify the XC2 engine's flaws.
                I'm actually surprised they did new models for the game and added all the new stuff. Guess it didn't leave any money/time to upgrade the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  I'm actually surprised they did new models for the game and added all the new stuff. Guess it didn't leave any money/time to upgrade the engine.
                  Looks like they half-arsed the character modelling too.

Monolith Soft would've been much better off prioritising aiming to have it locked to a 720p resolution at the very least - Dolphin shows that it could've been done (yes, albeit using PC grunt power) and that was using the OG Wii version.

Still gonna play this - my copy came earlier this week - but it's a shame.

Comment

Still gonna play this - my copy came earlier this week - but it's a shame.
                    Mine should be there on Tuesday, since tomorrow's a holiday.

Comment

Mine is arriving Wednesday by the looks of it.

Comment

What are we thinking the chances are in the next year or two of a Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition?

Comment

I would expect it either early next year or in time for christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            What are we thinking the chances are in the next year or two of a Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition?
                            Considering that XCX was a flop first time around on WiiU and that Monolith Soft seem unable to grasp the technical side of getting Xenoblade games running well enough on Switch, I'd say slim to none.

Comment

Considering that XCX was a flop first time around on WiiU and that Monolith Soft seem unable to grasp the technical side of getting Xenoblade games running well enough on Switch, I'd say slim to none.
                              Honestly, I suspect it's the opposite. It was a flop the first time around so maybe they'll have another go; the WiiU wasn't really the best venue.

Comment

Anyone know if a pre-ordered Nintendo Switch game released, say Friday will unlock for play at midnight Thursday?

Comment

Working...
                                X