Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent my original Joy-Cons to Nintendo the other week. They've had bad drift on both for years and I've just never gotten around to it (mainly playing on the TV and bought a second set of Joy-Con when Splatoon 2 came out). They've just shipped them back to me... fixed hopefully.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I strongly suspect that House of the Dead game is really going to show up on a VR platform.
    I'd love if it was Toycon VR compatible.

Comment

Hey all, I normally just hang around the Retro forum so maybe a few faces here I don't know and plenty I do. I just thought I'd join in the discussion as since getting a Switch from my missus for Chrimbo a couple of years back, I've been finding myself getting back into "current" gaming which I left behind not long after the demise of the Dreamcast. Put it this way, I've barely played on a PS3 or 360, and have never even seen a PS4/XB1, never mind the current gen. Modern stuff just ain't for me... Or so I thought...

Played quite a bit on the Switch to begin with, and really enjoyed the big hitters like BotW and Witcher 3. But what has really got me going mad is the region-free aspect, the availability of imports, and the high number of Japanese titles being translated/released over here. In just the last few months I've added the following to my collection:

Ploughed 50hrs into FFX so still a little bit to go, got almost every achievement on Japanese Rail Sim so pretty much done with that, and have just completed my fifth run of Worldend Syndrome so I think there is one more ending to get on that. So quite a bit still to play through for me!

And I haven't stopped there... already ordered Mario Allstars 3D due to it going out of print, and I'm looking to add Monster Hunter Rise, Atelier Ryza, Super Robot Wars T, and Densha de Go to the collection in the coming weeks/months. It's the VNs and JRPGs that are really grabbing me and proving to be total sink holes!

So to those of you complaining there aren't any big titles coming, I wonder how many games you must have played to have exhausted the library?!?!

Comment

Nice pick-ups @samanosuke ...

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        Ploughed 50hrs into FFX so still a little bit to go
        I've tried FFX twice and keep getting in deep and then getting my ass kicked because I didn't grind enough.

Comment

And I haven't stopped there... already ordered Mario Allstars 3D due to it going out of print, and I'm looking to add Monster Hunter Rise, Atelier Ryza, Super Robot Wars T, and Densha de Go to the collection in the coming weeks/months. It's the VNs and JRPGs that are really grabbing me and proving to be total sink holes!

So to those of you complaining there aren't any big titles coming, I wonder how many games you must have played to have exhausted the library?!?!
          I don't know if this will make a difference to you, but SRW-V and X are both in English on the Switch, the regular Japanese releases, not the "Asian" ones.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            I don't know if this will make a difference to you, but SRW-V and X are both in English on the Switch, the regular Japanese releases, not the "Asian" ones.
            Yeah I did know that but the guy in SwitchWatch channel advised 'T' is the best of the three. Can anyone attest to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Nice pick-ups @samanosuke ...

I've tried FFX twice and keep getting in deep and then getting my ass kicked because I didn't grind enough.
              Fo sho!! If I can level one criticism at the game - and I don't mind its linearity at all - it's that it is a bloody grind-fest. I will frequently die during battles and end up wasting hour upon hour not making it to a save point, failing to flee when an enemy has killed or petrified the rest of the party. In fact the reason I stopped at 50 hours was after spending an hour or two grinding at Mount Gagazet, the bit at the beginning where the save points are quite far apart, and I died again and just had had enough by that point. It was then I started World End Syndrome which is the complete polar opposite in terms of difficulty. I'll go back to FFX after, no doubt, determined to see this one through.

Comment

Hey all, I normally just hang around the Retro forum so maybe a few faces here I don't know and plenty I do. I just thought I'd join in the discussion as since getting a Switch from my missus for Chrimbo a couple of years back, I've been finding myself getting back into "current" gaming which I left behind not long after the demise of the Dreamcast. Put it this way, I've barely played on a PS3 or 360, and have never even seen a PS4/XB1, never mind the current gen. Modern stuff just ain't for me... Or so I thought...
                I strongly recommend Octopath Traveler, and the upcoming Bravely Default 2. Both produced by SquareEnix alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  I strongly recommend Octopath Traveler, and the upcoming Bravely Default 2. Both produced by SquareEnix alumni.
                  BD2 has been out since the end of February.
                  I wanted to open a thread about it but the only thing I can say is that it's grind-tastic.

Comment

Yeah I did know that but the guy in SwitchWatch channel advised 'T' is the best of the three. Can anyone attest to this?
                    I've not played enough to judge the gameplay. I generally go by which ones have my favourite mech in, so X would win due to Gurren Lagann.
                    Still a bit miffed I can't play in Japanese without changing the language for the whole console.

Comment

No word on a physical Switch release, but this is Capcom we're talking about here so breath-holding not advised.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-04-2021, 15:25.

Comment

BEST NEWS IN ****ING AGES YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSS!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          No word on a physical Switch release, but this is Capcom we're talking about here so breath-holding not advised.
                          Gematsu seem to think there is good news on this front specifically! https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/the-...-switch-and-pc

Capcom has announced The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch digitally on July 27 in the west for $39.99 and July 29 in Japan for 4,990 yen. A physical edition will also be available for both PlayStation 4 and Switch in Japan, as well as for Switch in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Gematsu seem to think there is good news on this front specifically! https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/the-...-switch-and-pc
                            Sounds positive, but will believe it when I see the pre-order. Can see Capcom being spiteful enough to make a physical release Japan-only with no English language.

It will be a day one purchase if it is true, though!

Comment

Ace Attorney Trilogy physical had English language, so I think we'll be all good on at least a Japanese physical version delivering the goods

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Ace Attorney Trilogy physical had English language, so I think we'll be all good on at least a Japanese physical version delivering the goods
                                Again, this is Capcom we're talking about. Nothing is guaranteed.

The original AA Trilogy has been ported to everything everywhere, so it wasn't exactly a high-bar for Capcom to give the Japanese Switch physical (which wasn't made physical anywhere else, btw) English-language.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-04-2021, 18:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X