This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch: Thread 08

The first machine to reach an eighth discussion thread, the Nintendo Switch continues to power on as we open the new thread with a heartwarming tale:

A story has gone viral of one woman who has shared that four years ago her 95 year old mother fell ill and during this time her mothers original model Game Boy broke. The old woman had spent years with a Game Boy machine by her side playing Tetris and the family had struggled to get it working again due to the age of the machine. One miscommunication later and the Grandmother posted her Game Boy along with a letter to Nintendo Customer Support.

A week later they replied. Unable to fix her machine due to the age of the hardware they had sent her a letter in response... and had also dug through their warehouse and found one last unopened original Game Boy which was also posted out to her. That final Game Boy kept the Grandmother company until she finally passed away four years later.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    The first machine to reach an eighth discussion thread, the Nintendo Switch continues to power on as we open the new thread with a heartwarming tale:

Just read this on Nintendo Life.

NCL get plenty of things wrong (as much as many on here and elsewhere try to pretend that they don't), but fair play to them for doing what they did in this instance.

Comment

"God-like" customer service from Nintendo now? Maybe they reserve that for Japanese oba-chans only.

Comment

Yacht Club Games' whoring of their mascot shows no sign of stopping, even seeing as the Treasure Trove DLC of the original flagship game has now been completed in full (and with no genuine sequel in sight).

Out on Switch this Autumn.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-02-2020, 19:56.

Comment

Doom 1 and 2 are like £1.50 each or something atm, putting that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Doom 1 and 2 are like £1.50 each or something atm, putting that out there.
            £1.20, to be exact. Doom 3 is £2.40.

Prices temporarily slashed to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the original game.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              "God-like" customer service from Nintendo now? Maybe they reserve that for Japanese oba-chans only.
              Was probably an accident with the employee in question getting a massive telling off by his superior for giving away a brand new gameboy no one knew about, only for it to go viral and Nintendo became an accidental good guy.

Also try that with Nintendo eu customer support and see what happens, spoiler, your not getting a brand new original gameboy.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

Also try that with Nintendo eu customer support and see what happens, spoiler, your not getting a brand new original gameboy.
                Testify! I can still remember NoE wanting to charge me £80 just to fix the SD Card slot door on my OG 3DS XL a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Testify! I can still remember NoE wanting to charge me £80 just to fix the SD Card slot door on my OG 3DS XL a few years back.

Story checks out, nothing to see here

Also ordered a pro controller yesterday due to seeping paranoia about my joycons getting drift any day now, despite being hardly played in the grand scheme.

Comment

The Behemoth's 2004 run & gun classic Alien Hominid is getting a reimagining for XB1, PC and Switch (No PS4, strangely enough).

Further release details TBA.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 27-02-2020, 23:19.

Comment

Was a naughty boy yesterday and got Overwatch.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Was a naughty boy yesterday and got Overwatch.
                        Game of the Year?

Comment

Anyone getting Animal Crossing New Horizons?

Never played them before. I saw the trailer and it seems nice. A game my young kids could play too?

Comment

Yeah 100%, Animal Crossing has always been such a wholesome and chill game I simply can’t be without it.
                            One of the only games my wife and I will play together, so I always enjoy that time spent discovering things and talking about what we’ve found. She’s picking up the AC switch so we can have an island each.
                            Wouldn’t imagine there would be an issues at all playing the game with kids the game is very straightforward and you can go at your own pace, one copy of the game lets you share an island with 8 accounts/people living on it, all with separate tents/houses and earned items, 4 people can play simultaneously 1 person as leader other 3 as followers.

Comment

I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan. Wish I had that sort of game around when I was a kid.

Can't wait for the new one. The only thing about the game series that has got steadily worse (but more child friendly I guess) is the villager's personalities. Some could be really sassy and mean but its all mellowed out and despite approx 8 different personalities found in the villager pool, it feels a bit too 'nice' at time.

Resetti scared the crap out of me with the Gamecube version and I felt genuinly bad/ angry with some of the villagers to what they said and did in that game at times which is kind of what the game was originally about, a community in a quiet town you get a mix of people you can help out or shun lol!

Actually concerned this coming out before my wedding/ honeymoon with planning and such still going on as New Leaf ate up alot of my time for the first 3 years.

Still collecting those Amiibo cards...

Comment

Working...
                              X