This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Seems a bit odd to pull physical copies from sale you’d have thought they would want any old stock to be sold eventually but then again this has happened with all Nintendo systems as time goes on
    Nintendo have been somewhat notorious for this; I believe they recall unsold stock. They don't like seeing their games at markdown prices; they would prefer not to sell them.

It's frustrating as a consumer but I guess for them it's playing the long game. I'm as sick of this example as likely everyone here, but I still remember buying Bioshock Infinite less than 6 months after release for £5 from Steam; I almost never buy full price games anymore because I know they'll be a pittance in a year's time - but Nintendo titles don't concern me in this way.

Comment

At least the WiiU still has some great exclusives left...like, er...that really bad Project Zero entry...and that terrible Mario Tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        At least the WiiU still has some great exclusives left...like, er...that really bad Project Zero entry...and that terrible Mario Tennis.
        And the woeful Starfox Zero.

Comment

I am a mug. I have a Switch, but have just bought a second Wii-U. I like the console, for all its flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            the WiiU is probably the single greatest Nintendo console ever.
            Lol.

Pure trolling, even moreso than your persistent "The Switch is a failure despite selling tens of millions" argument.

Comment

He just means because a hacked one can play all the old Nintendo consoles too, so it’s an all in one.
              [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] and let’s not forget Mario Party 10. Lol

Comment

[MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] and let’s not forget Mario Party 10. Lol
                Can we please?

Comment

Honestly, for a local party, NintendoLand is fantastic. Just that's got to stay locked to WiiU because it simply wouldn't work on another machine... Maybe unless you networked two Switches together.

Comment

Yeah Nintendoland is a fun game. Mario Party 10 is an abomination however.

Comment

I really like Woolly World. I'd like to see that on the Switch as I've yet to 100% it.

Comment

Animal Crossing is probably going to surpass MK8D soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

Animal Crossing is probably going to surpass MK8D soon.
                          All of this is fine, but I still can't believe Pokemon. Brand power is really strong; I found it one of the most underwhelming games of the decade!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            Lol.

Pure trolling, even moreso than your persistent "The Switch is a failure despite selling tens of millions" argument.
                            Yeah, I'm not saying the default WiiU is the best Nintendo console. But a hacked one is. I mean, the thing can be made to play all NES titles, all SNES titles, all N64 titles, all GC titles, all Wii titles, all WiiU titles, a decent chunk of the games people are buying now on Switch and can even run Triforce games. Properly set up by the user it's capable of a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              I jest, of course. Funny you mention how similar they are: I bought a Wii-U a few years ago because I could play a bunch of Switch games on it without buying a Switch.

My wife bought the Switch for me last year as a surprise.
                              We're doing the reverse for Jr1's Xmas. We have a Switch but he's getting a WiiU for Xmas because it's so much more suited to the rough and tumble kids will put it through, yet he can still play largely the same games like MK8

Comment

You know what that isn't a crazy idea is it?

I've 3 girls and the oldest is 5 and getting interested in games but right now they don't know my switch even exists.

I had bought extra grips for the joy cons so they can play but I'm worried about leaving it out docked.

I was half thinking of going the raspberry pi route for emulation at least in the short term but maybe a wii-u would be better...

Comment

Working...
                                X