This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    It's the catch, in a way, of Nintendo having one format. I just hope if true Nintendo doesn't plan on resting on this as its big game of late 2021 (I'm currently assuming BOTW2 will ease things as a combo unless COVID delays it). 3 Pokemon games in 4 years is too much for my blood
    Willing to wager that BOTW2 doesn't see 2021. I hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

As it's the anniversary I'd assume that if it slips we'll definitely get a HD Collection or WiiU port job. It'd be so easy for them to two-pack the HD Remasters from WiiU for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and... I'd take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        As it's the anniversary I'd assume that if it slips we'll definitely get a HD Collection or WiiU port job. It'd be so easy for them to two-pack the HD Remasters from WiiU for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and... I'd take it!
        I despise the idea of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess getting rehashed YET AGAIN, but that sounds more likely than BOTW2.

A remastering of Skyward Sword is clearly the correct answer, but seemingly unlikely given how many people disliked it first time around.

Comment

They won't bother changing the controls though and will fudge them onto a joycon.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            They won't bother changing the controls though and will fudge them onto a joycon.
            Wasn't Skyward Sword all done with motion+ anyway? If it didn't use the IR pointer, Joycon control would be entirely faithful to the original.

Whether that's a good or bad thing though...

Comment

I can see BotW2 being pushed back for the SwitchPro/2 launch as this rate. Seeing as it wont of had hardly any dev time when it was announced it won’t come out any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                Not necessarily a bad thing if Nintendo make the necessary Wii Motion+ to Joy-Con adjustments and refinements.

But yeah, if they fudged it then it would likely suck.

Comment

They must maintain the option of full motion control for any Skyward Sword remaster! It was implemented well and quite subtly, did not involve anything of the wild arm-waving that detractors said of it, and indeed was the first and only time Zelda combat was actually enjoyable rather than just passable.
                  Last edited by Golgo; 16-01-2021, 10:53.

Comment

I thought it was rubbish and even the very first fight in the game frustrated the bejaysus out of me.

Comment

You must've been waggling it all wrong. Required no more than a few well-timed blocks, as any true heir to the Master Sword would know.

Comment

Thought the motion+ was excellent personally, unbelievably accurate, wish it was carried forward as standard in WiiU & Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Thought the motion+ was excellent personally, unbelievably accurate
                          I agree with this.

I can certainly understand why Skyward Sword didn't appeal to a lot of people, but IMO the controls were spot-on - full 1:1 motion control that fully realised the Wii Motion/Motion+ ideology.

I'd even go as far as to say that I've seen nothing thus far to show that the Switch Joy-Con can match the Wii Motion/Motion+ tech in this regard.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-01-2021, 16:44.

Comment

Delight yet another crack now there's one on the edge of the vent and a chip missing you would have though i was just throwing this in my backpack instead of it living it's life in a carry case with a screen protector on when it goes with me to work. i swear the plastic is super cheap. Also looks like mine was put together warped as the back looks twisted when you look at the top edge. Hoping the mario edition has better plastic build quality.

Comment

Comment

To answer one query about Bowser's Fury without delving into spoilers so close to release:

The length of the side game according to previews is 3 hours, that rising to around 6 hours when pushing for 100% completion

Comment

Working...
                                X