This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
    Looks like Nintendo has built a full game builder out of the Labo Garage mode - out next month

Came here to post this. Looks perfect for my son!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...er-mario-64-rt
      Is it wrong that I think the original looks better?
      Not at all. The original was made with a consistent visual style. It's similar to why many PS1 games could be scaled up to HD, but didn't necessarily look better. Like the PC version of MGS1; the higher-res and better lighting made it very obvious that no-one has eyes, and their faces are a low-res blur.

You could certainly use this tech to create a really good looking updated version, but it'd take work.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Not at all. The original was made with a consistent visual style. It's similar to why many PS1 games could be scaled up to HD, but didn't necessarily look better. Like the PC version of MGS1; the higher-res and better lighting made it very obvious that no-one has eyes, and their faces are a low-res blur.

You could certainly use this tech to create a really good looking updated version, but it'd take work.
        Totally agree. Cleaner and crisper isn't always better. With a grimier image your brain fills in the detail.

Comment

Damn, is Switch THE console for shmups?

Comment

Never played anything by NGDEV but liking the look of this.

Comment

Razion on the Neo Geo is excellent. An enhanced version will be well worth a look.

Comment

Game Builder Garage looks excellent. Even by Nintendo standards, the interface oozes charm.

Day one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
                  Looks like Nintendo has built a full game builder out of the Labo Garage mode - out next month

I hope I can get it digitally, not rely on having a cart in the machine (Labo VR Garage, I'm looking at you...)

edit: $39.99, that's a pre-order for me later.
                  Last edited by kryss; 06-05-2021, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Damn, is Switch THE console for shmups?

This popped up on the release radar today: https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games...explus-switch/
                    And Cotton is finally up for pre-order here, $53.99, ouch.

Comment

With Metroid Prime 4 in the works for Switch, many fans have hoped that Nintendo would bring the series’ first three games to the platform. It’s unclear whether or not that will ever happen, but a former developer at Retro Studios has weighed in by sharing his own thoughts. Michael Wikan spent many years at Retro having played a big...

A former senior designer at Retro Studios has said he is doubtful a Metroid Prime Trilogy exists for Switch and that making one would be a lot of work.

Comment

An afternoon of work.

Comment

Yeah, I mean the dolphin guys would do it in a week.

Comment

Probably already running on PC MP trilogy?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Yeah, I mean the dolphin guys would do it in a week.
                              They could get it working, as in it boots up in HD, but retro-scoping the Wii pointer controls down to Pro Controller compatibility would need some re-design, I think, especially for certain sections from memory. Plus, a Switch isn't a PC emulator.

EDIT: Heh, that's exactly what the dev says.

I personally don't fancy them shelving MP4 for another year or two just to get a re-release of a compilation out that I never even bothered with the first time mainly because I'd already played the original releases to death.

Comment

Well they would just use the gamecube controls surely.

Comment

Working...
                                X