This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
    I've just completed Mario 64 for the first time (if beating Bowser with 70 stars is "completion"!).

I've played it a few times over the years going back to the late-90s. This is my first time getting more than a few stars though.

Once I got used to its quirks, I've grown to really enjoy it. I like the variety of stages and all Mario's moves, and I like how there can often be lots of different approaches to getting a star. It gives you a lot of freedom.

It almost reminds me of a Souls game where I enter a new area and die a lot, but gradually work it out and it starts to become much easier.

I'm now debating whether to play through Sunshine before going on to Galaxy.
    I would say skip Sunshine and go straight to Galaxy. You'll have a much beter time.

Comment

I'd argue that he should get 120 stars on SM64 first. He's not seen the full game until he does so.

Some of them are brilliant, and really challenging.

Comment

Super Mario Bros. 35 now available to download from JPN eShop.

Drops on Western eShops later today, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I'd argue that he should get 120 stars on SM64 first. He's not seen the full game until he does so.

Never gone for 120 stars myself. Might do this time since I'm enjoying it more.

Comment

Super Mario 35 is out on the JP eShop. Just giving it a go now and it's interesting. Gets more intense as the player count drops. Keeping hold of the fireflower seems essential to surviving since it allows you to kill more enemies and send them to your opponents screen.

Comment

Lame minecraft DLC for Smash

Comment

Lol your joking surely?

Comment

Awesome Minecraft DLC for Smash.

Looks a great implementation, really imaginative and fun.

Comment

Of all the game worlds they could have chosen they went with that lol. Minecraft is great but that character doesn’t have any it’s just a dull generic avatar despite Microsoft and Mojang trying to inject character backstory into them but I guess it was done to pull in that target demographic.

Comment

I don't think the backstory matters. Mechanically it actually looks fun to play and more imaginative than slinging in another po-faced sword-wielding Fire Emblem character.

Comment

Amen to that, far too many damn FE characters in there, would have liked to see Klonoa in there. In fact dangerous jiisan would be perfect for smash too some super crude toilet humour would go great lol, having him fling some of those giant pink poops everywhere.
                        Last edited by importaku; 01-10-2020, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

Well, despite thinking I was done with it, I did another six last night, so I'll continue and see how it goes! I'm still enjoying it for now, though I feel like some of the 100 coin stars could become a bit of a slog.

Comment

I still think The Wonderful 101, anthropomorphised/embodied as one unit, would be a great addition to Smash. All those moves and transformations!

Viewtiful Joe, too.

Comment

Sakurai-san sounded almost apologetic, to the point of implying that it was more a Nintendo decision than his own, when explaining why Minecraft characters were put in SSBU!

I get that Minecraft is a much-vaunted franchise but that doesn't mean it should be anywhere near Smash. But then, I suppose it beats having yet another FE character with a large sword.

Comment

Saw the brilliant and fresh-looking Super Mario 35 in my Switch shop last night, along with: **The Super Mario Bros. 35 service will end on 31/03/2021 and will no longer be playable, even if you still have the game downloaded on your system.

Just...why?

Comment

Working...
                                X