Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Sunshine. Talk about a game that's better left in your memories!

I think I'll have a much better time revisiting Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Finished Sunshine. Talk about a game that's better left in your memories!
      Yeah, I’m playing it now. About 30 shines in and it’s not like it isn’t fun. It’s just also janky and needlessly frustrating in places too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Yeah, I’m playing it now. About 30 shines in and it’s not like it isn’t fun. It’s just also janky and needlessly frustrating in places too.
        There were definitely some levels where I stared blankly at the screen and thought, "this aint fun"

I started Galaxy this morning and it's such a step up. Also jumped into Donkey King Country 2 since its on the SNES service before getting some rounds in on Rocket League.

I feel like we're spoilt for choice these days.

Comment

Always nice to see a decent switch port but even better when you get to see how they did it... Really cool video by digital foundry.

Comment

There were definitely some levels where I stared blankly at the screen and thought, "this aint fun"
            That poxy Ricco Harbour Yoshi level. Seriously. It’s not just that it doesn’t give you any clue as to what to do, not just that the control is janky, not just that the Yoshi will vanish after a while for no reason whatsoever, it’s the amount you have to do when you fail just to get to start again.

Comment

More G&W up for pre order on the Nintendo site incase anyone missed out

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                https://youtu.be/kH6wTpIObxE

Always nice to see a decent switch port but even better when you get to see how they did it... Really cool video by digital foundry.
                Just need a physical release now 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Just need a physical release now 
                  Ori and the Blind Forest & Ori and the Will of the Wisps from Moon Studios and Xbox. Collector’s Edition Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PC. Physical Games - Reversible Cover Art, Region Free Worldwide Compatibility.Includes Glow-in-the-Dark Display Box, Stained Glass style Art Piece, Field Guide, Sketchbook Zine, Art Card Set, Glow-in-the-Dark Pin. Digital Download Cards. iam8bit creates unique, exclusive and limited merchandise. Collector’s Edition physical games to vinyl soundtracks, fine art prints and beyond.

Comment

Damn that's pretty...

Comment

Just need an affordable physical release now 😁

Comment

So Rocket League is F2P now? Just been trying it for the first time and ****ing hell this is fun.
                        It is, I've even enjoyed it enough to pay for the Rocket Pass before (although after paying for 1 you can get enough credits to not have to pay for the next one by levelling up). I'm 100 credits short for this one, dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          It is, I've even enjoyed it enough to pay for the Rocket Pass before (although after paying for 1 you can get enough credits to not have to pay for the next one by levelling up). I'm 100 credits short for this one, dammit.
                          Interesting, I've been going back to it again and again over the past few days. It really has that "one more go" factor going for it. I'm terrible at it, but during those rare moments where you score or stop a shot dead in its tracks, it feels amazing.

I'm quite impressed by how natural Super Mario Galaxy feels with the joycons but I've really come around to Mario 64 with this collection. It's never clicked with me before but I've been belting my way through it tonight, getting myself to 31 stars in no time at all. I like how short the levels are and seeing the performance issues ironed out makes the water based stages a lot more tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Just need a physical release now 
                            Buy Ori and the Will of the Wisps Nintendo Switch Game and other products in PC & Video Games at 365games.co.uk. Order today and receive Free Shipping and hassle-free returns on all our products.

Comment

I'm quite impressed by how natural Super Mario Galaxy feels with the joycons but I've really come around to Mario 64 with this collection. It's never clicked with me before but I've been belting my way through it tonight, getting myself to 31 stars in no time at all. I like how short the levels are and seeing the performance issues ironed out makes the water based stages a lot more tolerable.
                              I've just completed Mario 64 for the first time (if beating Bowser with 70 stars is "completion"!).

I've played it a few times over the years going back to the late-90s. This is my first time getting more than a few stars though.

Once I got used to its quirks, I've grown to really enjoy it. I like the variety of stages and all Mario's moves, and I like how there can often be lots of different approaches to getting a star. It gives you a lot of freedom.

It almost reminds me of a Souls game where I enter a new area and die a lot, but gradually work it out and it starts to become much easier.

I'm now debating whether to play through Sunshine before going on to Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                                I've just completed Mario 64 for the first time (if beating Bowser with 70 stars is "completion"!).

I've played it a few times over the years going back to the late-90s. This is my first time getting more than a few stars though.

Once I got used to its quirks, I've grown to really enjoy it. I like the variety of stages and all Mario's moves, and I like how there can often be lots of different approaches to getting a star. It gives you a lot of freedom.

It almost reminds me of a Souls game where I enter a new area and die a lot, but gradually work it out and it starts to become much easier.

I'm now debating whether to play through Sunshine before going on to Galaxy.
                                Only 50 stars to 100% the game

Comment

Working...
                                X