Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Sega did Mario Kart Live in the late 80's using Outrun cabs.

Last edited by hudson; 30-10-2020, 17:26.

Comment

So my wife has ordered a switch. She's got the ring fit and pikmin 3. She never plays games except for professor layton and the odd Android game.
      Can anyone recommend any easy to play games for her? I'm thinking puzzle games or something fun for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        So my wife has ordered a switch. She's got the ring fit and pikmin 3. She never plays games except for professor layton and the odd Android game.
        Can anyone recommend any easy to play games for her? I'm thinking puzzle games or something fun for the family.
        Dark Souls Remastered
        There's the Katrielle Layton game, if you think carrying on with that series will work well?

Comment

'Baba Is You' is a great but brain-busting puzzler.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            'Baba Is You' is a great but brain-busting puzzler.
            It's definitely great, but definitely comes with the warning that it's tough as old boots

Comment

True, but the genius of it is that the solution is always there on the screen, taunting you...just like the Lolo games, but it's way more fiendish than those.

Comment

If the shortish length isn't an issue then The Touryst which is pure genius

Comment

Snipperclips + the DLC.

Maybe Animal Crossing?

Have you ever played Mario Kart 8? You'd have to be an absolute nut-job not to get a copy of that for yourself.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. Some good ones.
                    I think if I got Mario kart I'd have to get the wheel too.
                    Ill recommend them and see what she thinks. I might suggest Stardew Valley as well, I really enjoyed it and it's pretty straightforward.

Comment

I think if I got Mario kart I'd have to get the wheel too.
                      A wheel wouldn't work, as there are parts where you have to climb or dive when coming off of ramps. It's perfectly suited to controller play.

Comment

Overcooked! or the sequel for multiplayer shenanigans.

Comment

We recently bought The Stretchers which is fantastic for co-op play. You pick injured people up and put them in an ambulance, then you drive to the hospital, Crazy Taxi-style(e.g. points for driving through fields or breaking through fences).

It's great for us because I'm wicked at games but she's not, so I can pick up the slack when needed. For example, you can always choose who drives the ambulance, but the passenger gets to use the upgrades, like the turbo boost. I usually drive, and whenever I see a ramp(yes, there are ramps), then I shout BOOST MODE! and she presses B and the ambulance flies through the air!

It's a perfect hop-in/hop-out game, too. Each mission lasts a few minutes. You play with one JoyCon half each.

Untitled Goose Game is also great fun, with a really nice soundtrack. You cause havoc by turning on radios, throwing sandwiches in ponds and undoing one guy's shoe laces. It recently got updated with a co-op mode which we finished together and was wonderful.

Ni No Kuni Remastered was on sale for super cheap(8.99) but I think it's back to full-price now. It's an RPG but it's really easy. I'm playing it these days and it's not challenging but the graphics and sound are beautiful - it looks and sounds like you're in a Ghibli film - and the story is great. Special mention goes to the voices. They're great. I usually play these games with Japanese voices but soon switched this to English because the sidekick is Welsh!

Ultimate Chicken Horse is a riot. You have to get from the one side of the screen to the other by placing objects down. The objects include platforms and hazards. Initially you'll all be working together so that you can at least get across, but pretty soon you'll be trying to stop other players from getting across

Mario Kart 8 has already been mentioned, and it's marvelous. You can split into teams for multiplayer so your wife can be paired with a hardcorps gamer and still enjoy herself.

Snipperclips has also been mentioned, and there's a free demo on the store you can try. It was cute but it was a bit frustrating ordering my wife around. Also, like The Stretchers, you can only play multiplayer with single JoyCons, even if you have four of them.

Comment

Nice. Thanks for that. They all look pretty fun.

Comment

That stretcher game looks fantastic - paging [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                That stretcher game looks fantastic - paging [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION].
                                It's soooo good. It uses ragdoll physics to great effect but not in an annoying way where each trigger controls a limb or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X