This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Anyone know if a pre-ordered Nintendo Switch game released, say Friday will unlock for play at midnight Thursday?
    You mean a digital one? I believe they actually unlock at midnight.

Interestingly, I got my copy of Xenoblade on the Thursday morning, a day early - and although it needed to update, the update sat at 0% until about 7pm in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      What are we thinking the chances are in the next year or two of a Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition?
      That would need a massive redesign of the game, from the interface (rember how small the text is?) to various features using the gamepad.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        You mean a digital one? I believe they actually unlock at midnight.

Interestingly, I got my copy of Xenoblade on the Thursday morning, a day early - and although it needed to update, the update sat at 0% until about 7pm in the evening.
        Ah yes sorry, a digital version. Maybe Xenobladce release date was Thursday? Maybe they unlock globally and another region hits release date before us?

Comment

It'd be nice to get all three games on the one system, I've still not played any of them but having the first rerelease makes me tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            It'd be nice to get all three games on the one system, I've still not played any of them but having the first rerelease makes me tempted.
            If that helps, XCX is the worst of the three, despite you being able to pilot giant robots, which should make it the best by default.
            And when I say "the worst", I don't mean it's bad, but compared to the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Anyone know if a pre-ordered Nintendo Switch game released, say Friday will unlock for play at midnight Thursday?
              I’ve only preordered one Switch game but it was unlocked at midnight. At the risk of needlessly complicating things, I’m not sure what happens if you preorder a game from another region.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                I’ve only preordered one Switch game but it was unlocked at midnight. At the risk of needlessly complicating things, I’m not sure what happens if you preorder a game from another region.
                That region's time zone counts. It was the same thing with the 3DS.

Comment

The console checks online to see if the game is playable, then lets you play if it is. Always worth trying to update before the release time though.

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  If that helps, XCX is the worst of the three, despite you being able to pilot giant robots, which should make it the best by default.
                  And when I say "the worst", I don't mean it's bad, but compared to the other two.
                  Still the only one I've actually completed though.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Sorry I should have been clearer. I meant, say a game was due a global release at the same time every where at the pull of a massive Nintendo lever in Japan at midnight on a Thursday Japan time, that would mean it would be 4pm Thursday afternoon here. I was just wondering if that's what happened with Asura.

Comment

It works locally(ish). I'm GMT-7 and games are playable from 10pm here, so they seem to use Eastern Time for the Americas (GMT-5).

Comment

Konami's 1991 scrolling shmup classic Sunset Riders is the latest (100th) game to become part of HAMSTER'S Arcade Archives series.

Available to download now via the JPN eShop.

Comment

A great game. Loved it on SNUS.

Comment

New long trailer for Paper Mario: The Origami King

Comment

Turn-based stealth strategy game Invisible Inc. has snuck onto the Switch eShop (£17.99)

Comment

Working...
                              X