Hotshot Racing (PS4, Switch, XBO, PC) - Sumo Digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot Racing (PS4, Switch, XBO, PC) - Sumo Digital

Looks so awesome! Like Virtua Racing crossed with OutRun2 with a smidge of Riiiiiiiidge Racer thrown in.

Can't wait!!

Yeah, I'm down for this. Looks great.

Only question is, Switch or PC?

Comment

Finally someone steps in where 90's Super GP let us down and not only that it's Sumo and they nail the Virtua Racing era aesthetic as well. All in.

Comment

Here's a nice hands-on:

I love how happy he got seeing the underwater tunnel

Comment

I want a selectable big Truck for those Stunt Race FX vibes

Comment

Looks fun. Get strong vibes of Horizon Chase (which isn't a bad thing) from the visuals rather than Virtua Racing.

Comment

Looks pretty decent. I've been burned so many times by these revivals of old racing game styles that I love though. Hopefully it will be good.

Comment

Can't help but look at it and secretly still be fawning for 90s Arcade Racer. Four-letter-word you, Nicalis.

Comment

Sold on the announcer alone! Sumo Digital, cars with colourful identities, drafting, drifting, boosting, loads of graphics that are instantly nostalgic... as the great BitHead1000 would say.... AM IN!

Comment

Interesting fact. Lucky Mountain Games released a trailer for this exactly 4 years ago this week when it was called Racing Apex!

The music gets very Ridge Racer in this trailer with the brass stabs and the HUD is Daytona-esque!

Last edited by hudson; 27-02-2020, 10:06.

Comment

That looks really cool, hope's there's a good diversity of tracks. If they could get Windjammers 2 out soon-ish as well that'd be some perfect summer gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Interesting fact. Lucky Mountain Games released a trailer for this exactly 4 years ago this week when it was called Racing Apex!

The music gets very Ridge Racer in this trailer with the brass stabs and the HUD is Daytona-esque!

I noticed in the early version they had the guns. Hope crap like that isn't in the final game. What we need is a sold old school Sega blue skies like racer.

Comment

I think it's now predominantly a Sega style blue sky racing game, but there will be other modes (as the first look video a few posts up points out). So, Arcade mode, Cops and Robbers and Drive or Explode (so far).

If I have one gripe, it's the name. Hotshot.
                          Last edited by hudson; 27-02-2020, 21:56.

Comment

It'd have been cap tipping worthy if they'd have literally gone with calling it Blue Sky Racer

Comment

It looks pretty sweet and stirs the old nostalgia but I find it hard to get excited about tribute games. Especially the ones that have a title that says nothing more: like 90s Racer or Fast Racing or something. It lacks any vision. I'd rather just play Daytona or Virtua Racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X