No announcement yet.

Rev/Octane - Commemorative Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost seems like deliberate delay on this kind of tech. Surely you can regain alot, if not most, of the energy being expended driving the wheels by some sort of dynamo system, or energy capture?

Comment

^ You'd think so. Alternators have been doing this job in internal combustion engines since forever.
      Last edited by Golgo; 05-03-2020, 16:04.

Comment

Ahem, as an owner of a UX I can say it is cool.

Comment

Whatever happened to bumpers?

Comment

"Self-charging" is a bit of a misnomer though, surely?
            It's not a perpetual motion machine. It still needs fuel.
            Plus it's ugly, sorry Teddy.

I'm sure it's a joy to drive, but it's nothing special for me.

Junk.

Comment

I think it looks nice - I actually like a lot of the Lexus models except for the CT200h. Certainly better than the usual boring German sedans.

Most of the charging is done when you break. This is then used to power the electric motors when pootling about town (can run full electric as long as the speed is under about 20mph) and also gives you a boost when you out your foot down.

It really is lovely to drive.

Comment

Junk purely because of Toyota / Lexus misleading self charging hybrid advertising. I think all hybrids are self charging but you'll never recover enough energy for a full charge just using the brakes. It is essential to plug in your hybrid to charge it so you can have the claimed electric only milage. Of course if your daily use can be covered on the motor and battery only range what the hell do need to drag around all the weight of the ICE, gearbox, transmission, fuel tank etc? And conversely if you are't charging the battery at home/work then you blunt the economy of the ICE in your hybrid dragging around an electric motor and battery.

To be fair I actually think Lexus are on a good run of form with their styling these days. Their stuff is much more interesting than the bland crossover / SUVs polluting our eyeballs these days. And you certainly can't fault Lexus quality of fit and finish.

Comment

Car 003 - Vauxhall VX220

Or a metropolis street racer if you will. The Speedster was made as a sideline to the new Lotus Elise model from the same year but marked an attempt by Vauxhall to appeal to a less family orientated audience, a bid that ultimately didn't work out for Vauxhall.

Cool or Junk?

Comment

Badge Junk.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      "Self-charging" is a bit of a misnomer though, surely?
                      It's not a perpetual motion machine. It still needs fuel.
                      Plus it's ugly, sorry Teddy.

I'm sure it's a joy to drive, but it's nothing special for me.

Junk.
                      No this is true obviously, probably should of made that clear, perpetual motion isn't a thing, it just seems like electric cars should be getting "most" of their charge back as the are driving, when in reality its virtually nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Car 003 - Vauxhall VX220

Or a metropolis street racer if you will. The Speedster was made as a sideline to the new Lotus Elise model from the same year but marked an attempt by Vauxhall to appeal to a less family orientated audience, a bid that ultimately didn't work out for Vauxhall.

Cool or Junk?
                        I know it’s badge engineering but I’m going with cool. One of my colleagues had the turbo model and he gave me a shot of it. It was sensational. So quick, great suspension, amazing handling and surprisingly comfortable.

Comment

Personally, I think it's cool.
                          It's not amazing, but every time I see one, it catches my eye.
                          I think a company churning out saloons trying an affordable little soft-top deserves some credit.
                          Interesting exhaust configuration too.

Comment

Car 004: Ford GT

Ford's revival of the GT made in limited numbers, this is the recent second iteration of the modern era version of the car. With only a few thousand made across all modern iterations across the board it's one of the companies most sought after cars. But is it...?

Cool or Junk?

Comment

Ford GT...

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

Comment

This was my Forza Motorsport 7 car, when you have one where no matter what you unlock you stick with it till it literally can't compete anymore. 100% Cool

Comment

Working...
                                X