No announcement yet.

Rev/Octane - Commemorative Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like all supercars, cool in the abstract, but I'd feel like a right benny cruising it into Asda's car park.

Comment

Cool. And the sound it makes is just savage.

Comment

I love it. Maybe I posted in the regular car thread?
        I even bought the Top Gear mag with it on the cover, although the article was mainly filler with no hands-on info.

However, they're not quite there.
        Someone had a go at tweaking it a bit more and it definitely looks that little bit better:

Comment

It's been several decades but in an era of revivals that means we're even getting... a new DeLorean

The DeLorean Alpha5 is a new electric engine car based on the original merged with Mercedes style design. The company plans to produce V8 and SUV versions later on with production on this new entry starting in 2024

Verdict?

It will cost close to $175,000 and the company plans to only make 88 of them

Comment

It's not very nice.

Comment

The front looks like a cheap jelly mold.

Comment

Gullwing doors are cool AF, but also impractical AF.
                It's not too dissimilar to something Tesla would bang out, if I'm honest, but I like that there are only 88 being made.

Comment

Side and back profile look nice, from the front it looks like the worst design corvette ever put out, awful.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 01-06-2022, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Gullwing doors are cool AF, but also impractical AF.
                    Only if you have a very low garage roof, otherwise much superior to standard doors

Comment

Looks ok but will likely never enter production. So many EV startups these days that gather some hype from a few renders and maybe a SPAC too. Then they eventually disappear.

Comment

I think it looks cool AF

Comment

We're back, this time breaking from picking out a single vehicle to gauge your thoughts on and instead looking at an entire line as we note the passing of a Ford institute:

In the new year Ford will officially cease making Ford Fiesta, after 47 years and eight marks of the car. The S-Max and the Galaxy lines will also be axed as the car manufacturer continues to overhaul and unify its line up.

The Fiesta will be replaced by a new line that will be electric only under a new name

Ford Fiesta Mark I

Ford Fiesta Mark II

Ford Fiesta Mark III

Ford Fiesta Mark IV

Ford Fiesta Mark V

Ford Fiesta Mark VI

Ford Fiesta Mark VII

Ford Fiesta Mark VIII

What are your thoughts and memories of the Ford Fiesta?
                          Cool or Junk?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            What are your thoughts and memories of the Ford Fiesta?
                            Cool or Junk?
                            Only time I've ever driven one was when I was learning to drive, which was in a diesel Fiesta. It was an easy drive; that was a problem though as the clutch was so generous it was very difficult to stall. When I would later move to petrol cars that ended up being a double-edged sword, as I stalled them all the bloody time for a while

Comment

As a kid an Uncle of mine had the Mark I, always liked how it has quite a cheerful looking front end. It's weirdly expressionate.

An Aunt had the Mark II for a few years, always felt it lost its character in that one.

My Dad owned two Mark III's. I liked the design at the time but the ones he had were an endless list of issues and repairs, utter dogs.

The Mark IV was the ultimate ruination of the design, vile looking.

I learned to drive in a Mark V, handled well even if a little dull to look at

The bleed together after that and I've never known someone who owned the later ones though the Mark VIII is the better looking of the batch. Biggest issue with the Fiesta, and likely part of why it's been dropped, is that the Focus pretty much renders the line obsolete.

Comment

The Fiesta has been dropped as people buy crossovers like the Puma and SUVs these days. The margins on small cars have always been poor too. Also Vauxhall made the Corsa THE driving school car and it outsells the Fiesta comfortably these days. Plus Stellantis make several models based on that platform helping amortize the costs of tooling etc helping profits from their small cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X