The Beginning of Technological Apartheid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooooh yeeeeeesssss....

If it happens, PM me, I'll get the popcorn in.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      I want to know if there'll ever be a CPS Changer 2.
      It will be compatible with the CPS-4 board that comes with 128GB of RAM. The animation....

Comment

As part of my research into cultural studies and the history of gaming, I thought this thread would be referring to the historical oppression of darker consoles and computers. C64 owners bashed the Spectrum for decades, then the Megadrive was relegated to second class citizen as soon as the pale SNES was released. The darker Saturn was hammered by the mainstream, grey tones of the PS. The 90s were confusing as Nintendo shifted to a darker plastic hue, but retreated after an example of technological apartheid. Sega realised what was going on far too late, by making the Dreamcast the colour of opression, with Sony soon after shifting to the darker formerly unused Atari design for the PS2. (Disclaimer - not serious at all - disclaimer - unless someone wants to fund my research).
        Last edited by monel; 05-03-2020, 01:56.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          As part of my research into cultural studies and the history of gaming, I thought this thread would be referring to the historical oppression of darker consoles and computers. C64 owners bashed the Spectrum for decades, then the Megadrive was relegated to second class citizen as soon as the pale SNES was released. The darker Saturn was hammered by the mainstream, grey tones of the PS. The 90s were confusing as Nintendo shifted to a darker plastic hue, but retreated after an example of technological apartheid. Sega realised what was going on far too late, by making the Dreamcast the colour of opression, with Sony soon after shifting to the darker formerly unused Atari design for the PS2. (Disclaimer - not serious at all - disclaimer - unless someone wants to fund my research).
          I think the only logical step would be to have a Vantablack console. That's the future.

Comment

We are upon the vanguard of the technological ages. The power of electricity has bestowed upon machines an immense magical power which brings vivid life to the infrastructure of our metropolises.

It is the age of the bionic. When once we bought newspapers, we shall soon be buying augmented parts to graft onto our bodies.

We are in the advent of an epoch of biomechanical acceleration. Today is our ages.

Comment

I do picture a time where gene therapy and gene manipulation will exist at the same time that body part mechanization co-exist. It could the biological Betamax vs VHS. Do you replace your limbs or augment your genes?

Comment

Working...
              X