No announcement yet.

PS1 appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same. EU (previously UK) power cable for the US PSOne.

Comment

Awesome, cheers guys. I bought a modded original model PS1 off here a while back but it's the not great mod that doesn't play all games. Some games have a anti mod message that pops up and refuse to play. Going to get a Japanese PSOne for all my Japanese games.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        A bunch of you guys have got really cool collections on here and I'd love to wander around admiring all the cool or rare games, but [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] operates on another level!

I love all your figures and stuff, but I probably wouldn't have a clue about 97.3% of the games in your collection!

You have a seemingly endless collection of fascinating curios!
        Ah thankyou, if i had more time i'd love to properly showcase stuff in mini features but for the moment people get brief snapshots of it instead as it would be a lot of work to give it the writeup some stuff deserves. Probably safer my place isn't bigger or it would totally end up looking like the area 51 warehouse at the end of raiders of the lost ark lol. It gets a little overwhelming when friends visit they kind of get distracted by so many things to look at.

Comment

I think my favourite thing about importaku's posts is that it demonstrates the depth of the PlayStation's library. Still finding out about new software regularly!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            I think my favourite thing about importaku's posts is that it demonstrates the depth of the PlayStation's library. Still finding out about new software regularly!
            Definitely, and they never seem shovelware.
            Granted, they're pretty bonkers, but there's no "Unicorn Pets Carnival Golf Party".

Comment

I'm always finding out about new stuff randomly, sometimes it will pop up on youtube or as a quirky looking game cover on ebay. Sometimes they pop up on google image searches then i have to go try track down what the hell the games called in japanese to try track it down. This book is a useful resource for that as it has complete lists for both the PS1&2 library although it can be hard to wade through sometimes tracking down the title of a random game cover. Does come with a neat set of disks though one for PS1&2 respectively and full of save data for hundreds of games, stuff like everything unlocked or some really obscure mode unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Definitely, and they never seem shovelware.
                Granted, they're pretty bonkers, but there's no "Unicorn Pets Carnival Golf Party".
                Densetsu no Unicorn: Golf Carnival Genki Desu!! is actually an extremely rare Pocketstation game.

Comment

Working...
                X