No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective X05: Playstation 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say, they did a MAHOOSIVE turnaround with the PS3's pad. Absolutely beautifully silky sticks. By far the best thing about that pad. It's deffo got nicer sticks than XB1 and I love that pad.

Comment

I'm with you I hate the ps2 pad, is one of the main reasons I use mine very little - would love to find a compelling alternative.

Comment

Gradius V. Shoot 'em up bliss.
        Then all the Japanese Cave imports. Also shoot 'em up bliss.
        Katamari Damacy, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. The kind of off-beat games Playstation does so well, and the reason why I stuck with the brand through the PS3 and PS4, and will eventually move on to the PS5.

Comment

i loved sky odyssey, gun griffon blaze, RRV, Gradius V, and TTT to name a few

Comment

But we do know that the BD Crew love Dreamcast more. It's always interested me how Sony's consoles, especially PS1 and PS2, are so universally well regarded and yet don't stir the same kind of adoration that their rivals do.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              But we do know that the BD Crew love Dreamcast more.
              Do we?

Interestingly, if you'd asked me when they were contemporary, I would've agreed, but now? Maybe it's because the DC is such a fragile console, and as a result, I've had too many problems with it to ever consider going back to it, but I definitely prefer the PS2 now. It helps that some of the DC's games have had good re-releases or follow-ups on later platforms too (like once modded, the definitive version of Sonic Adventure is Steam's).

Comment

In my opinion, the DC offered some of the best arcade at home warez ever, but for deep experiences, you had to be warezarizing on PS2 also. PS2 wins for me.

Comment

The DC always seems to stir more of a reaction, nostalgia and debate. GC and Xbox too though to varying extents between each one. Maybe it's a fascination with underdog systems. Historically those systems attract more interest than PS1/PS2 do which may be down to how Sony's systems seem to attract a more simple acceptance of their quality. For example, this discussion sits on 22 replies currently but despite how many times the Dreamcast has been discussed its thread still topped 200

Comment

Yeah, I would definitely agree with that and it does seem to be something that comes through and I mentioned it in my own reply - while I can't dispute that the PS2 would be a better choice of system, I don't quite have the love for it that I have for some others. The PS2 is like an artist who tops the charts and is played on the radio and that's cool and all but there are other systems that you find talked about in the back of record shops by collectors and are shared passionately and those are the DC and so on... if that analogy works...

Comment

Working...
                    X