CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    That's one thing I wondered, whether the second dose result in the same side effects as each person gets with the first.
    Trying not to worry people, and it's only a tiny sample, but the three people I know (all NHS, all helping to administer the vaccine to others) who have had two jabs all reported worse symptoms with the second jab.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It'd be interesting to know why that would happen, you'd think the first dose would prep the body for the second

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Trying not to worry people, and it's only a tiny sample, but the three people I know (all NHS, all helping to administer the vaccine to others) who have had two jabs all reported worse symptoms with the second jab.
        Oh goodie. Ill just book the 2nd one on a Friday so i feel like crap over the weekend next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Just curious, are they having their 2nd jab around 12 weeks after their first or sooner? I wasn't offered a second appointment, only a card saying it was due in 12 weeks yet my mum had both of hers booked before she received the first. Gonna try and find out when we are likely to get our next ones again from our boss next week (he is the one that somehow sorted the first lot to happen over 2 days to get cover for everyone and he is a volunteer giving the vaccine himself so he may actually be able to find out).

After getting ill after my flu jab soon after my vaccine I'm a bit concerned about the next one.

Comment

My second appointment was booked in at the same time as my first one, 11 weeks and 2 days between them

Comment

Japan asks China to stop anal COVID-19 tests on Japanese citizens.
              "The Japanese government has requested China not to subject Japanese citizens entering the country to anal COVID-19 tests after receiving complaints of "psychological distress" from some of them, the top government spokesman said Monday.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato speaks at a press conference in Tokyo on March 1, 2021. (Kyodo)
              Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato said the government has made the request through the Japanese Embassy in Beijing, although it has not been informed of any change in China's policy on how it conducts the polymerase chain reaction tests for the novel coronavirus.

Kato said at a regular press conference the government will continue to urge China to exempt its citizens from such a test method, which is used on some of those quarantined or entering China, noting it "has not been confirmed anywhere else in the world."

Already the United States has protested to China after learning some U.S. officials were subjected to the testing method, according to CNN"

Comment

They're just trying to stop people sneaking in via the back door

Comment

Mum is getting her first one this week. Good thing too considering the post office she works in has been open for MONTHS.

Comment

Had mine yesterday. Was fine for 24 hours but now I feel like it’s killing me

Comment

**** me. Daughter's class is all back at home self isolating after 2 weeks of school, because obviously loads of them have covid. As I predicted. Kids cannot go back without vaccination. They are the biggest spreaders.

Comment

Was ill last week but immediately called the doctor and got test done, negative thankfully but still believe i had the bug this time last year.....though no idea if it can be caught again.

Work is a pain though as few people have caught it and locally many people have to, worse part is though the boss keeps coming up with ideas to try and get people into the shop with deals .....prepandemic would be fine but during one it really does not sit well with me

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          They're just trying to stop people sneaking in via the back door
                          Guffaw

Comment

From Friday the GP around the corner from us that's working as a vaccine centre starts 2nd doses of Pfizer so hopefully getting my 2nd jab from next week.

The dentist I mainly work with is volunteering giving them and I'm on standby for the hubby to get one along with 2 other work relations if there are any spare.
                            The guy running the operation at the GP initially said no to any surplus being offered but it seems this week just gone loads of over 50's just didn't show so they had a good handful but sadly/ luckily all got used up by the guy who said no and his associates before we could get a call.

Comment

2nd jab done 3 hours ago. Feeling a bit rubbish but that might be cause I ate too much rice for dinner.

Comment

Vaccinating the over 60s here.

I have a few months to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X