No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want the Oxford one, compared to the other vaccines it has borders and runs 17% slower.

Comment

LOL, but that does seem to be quite accurate. We want German imports!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        LOL, but that does seem to be quite accurate. We want German imports!
        You'll need to pay the VAT on that now.

Comment

We have new neighbours. Moved in last week and so far they have had visitors every day. I just watched him shake hands with a couple and walk in the house. Absolutely taking the piss. Can't even report them because it's not a large gathering.

Comment

Spray your door handles/ knockers and don't open the door to them.

Our neighbour keeps having late night visitors and random get togethers on and off since first lockdown. I think it's her lodger that is inviting the odd person over. Sometimes they sit in the garden near our kitchen window/ lean out to smoke. Was more of an issue first lockdown luckily, still scrub my hands when coming through the front door.
            Last edited by Blobcat; 24-01-2021, 14:27.

Comment

Here in NZ we have our first case in the community since November 2020. Returnee. 2 weeks quarantine. Two negative tests...then positive. It's in the North island and I'm in the South. So far it seems it hasn't spread but we shall see. Where I am, no cases since 5 April.

What I don't understand is how British businesses are still going. Here, we had one 6 week lockdown and then an Auckland only 2 week lockdown. That's it. Life has been as normal for almost a year. Yet, the country was on it's knees financially. How can Britain still be functioning?

Comment

By borrowing lots and lots of money (which will end up being paid back by the tax payers for the next couple of decades): https://twitter.com/TheIFS/status/13...636608/photo/1

Comment

Didn't the government borrow 500 billion to bail out the banks? Has that been paid off yet? Or will it take another 30 years?

Comment

Yes, the vast majority of that has been paid back by the banks (and it was nowhere close to £500b): https://fullfact.org/economy/1-trill...ing-out-banks/

Comment

On the subject of Covid and £$E

Comment

My sister who is extremely at risk gets her first jab this Saturday and my mum's in the process of getting booked in as she's a front line worker. They'll still need the second jab of course but its something.

Comment

Believe my mother has hers on Friday. As she's in the 76-80 bracket and dad is still 75, she was ahead of him in the queue heh. May change shortly as his birthday is next week.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

My father and my youngest half-brother both received positive test results today.

Comment

Sorry to hear it, buddy.

I just got a message to book in my vaccine, and I'm going Monday morning.

Comment

Sorry to hear Kryss, I hope they have a strong swift recovery.

Been assigned a box of lateral flow Covid 19 tests today to start taking twice weekly, starting this Sunday and use every Sunday and Wednesday until told not to I'm guessing. If similar arrangements are starting nationwide (aware many hospitals and nursing homes already doing this), there's concern so many people will be found positive with no symptoms.

Still for it I guess if it helps but not looking forward to probing myself twice a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X