CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Sorry dude I understand the frustration but it comes down to the public and nothing else. If the public followed the rules then companies wouldn't have to do anything.
    The basic man on the street is a dickhead. Simple as that. They don't give two craps about anyone or anything bar themselves. The stories I hear from my family back in the UK about people they see on the street is unbelievable.

You should be within your right to ban any twat who is not wearing a mask from coming in to your place of work.
    ****'em all. If they want something, make them follow the rules. The UK is too soft on these people.
    I have heard in other countries people do what they are told to i imagine in japan it would be like that as they always struck me as respectful to other people

Here in ireland the law is not really caught up with the whole pandemic, if someone does not wear a mask and they have a medical condition i believe its illegal to prevent someone entering the shop as its a disability bias or something, however a lot of people abuse that
    Last edited by eastyy; 13-01-2021, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      Just seems mad with me how lax the lockdown is compared to the first one and yet we had almost 10 times the cases and that first lockdown they got it down to single figures but in the governments complete idiocy thought it was a good idea to open things up for xmas like the virus is going to take a holiday
      100%. It was so obvious what was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        I have heard in other countries people do what they are told to i imagine in japan it would be like that as they always struck me as respectful to other people

Here in ireland the law is not really caught up with the whole pandemic, if someone does not wear a mask and they have a medical condition i believe its illegal to prevent someone entering the shop as its a disability bias or something, however a lot of people abuse that
        I understand there are people with medical conditions but what is it, 1% if that? Every one here wears a mask out side, on the train, in the office. Its the norm now.

Comment

I was at Tesco last night and mask compliance does seem better. Still some people not wearing them - if you have a medical conditioning and can’t wear a mask, at least wear a face visor to provide others with at least minimum protection or get someone else to do your shopping for you. If I had a medical condition that prevented me from wearing a mask, I certainly wouldn’t be out in a crowd of people anyway. I also spotted some staff not wearing any masks or visors. Bizarre...

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            I understand there are people with medical conditions but what is it, 1% if that? Every one here wears a mask out side, on the train, in the office. Its the norm now.
            You're right, we are far too soft here coupled with the fact society is not as well behaved, and of course we are not as healthy, just look at the obesity issues us and the American's have.

I've shouted at people in supermarkets but overall where we live it's not been so bad though we go shopping early doors with all the other older people, if we went shopping later when all the chavs are awake I'm sure it would be much different.

Comment

2 million people have died from this world wide now, the equivalent of 8,695 Boeing 737-10 Max aircraft full of passengers crashing into the ground.

You reckon people would get on a plane if 23 were crashing and killing all on board every day? No, wear your mask

Comment

To be fair, Marty, some of those plane crash victims were probably old. And we can’t know for sure that many of them didn’t have heart attacks before they hit the ground so they would have died anyway.

Comment

Apparently Ministers won't even begin to look at a plan for exiting Lockdown 03 until they have enough information on to what extent the vaccines do or do not limit transmission.

Comment

This sentence sums much of the issue up:

"Lockdown-sceptic Tory backbenchers have seized on early signs that the second wave may have peaked to press the case for the government to loosen restrictions."

The very slightest tease of the upward trend slowing and they're so quick to throw everything away, like kicking a stab wounded patient out of their hospital bed because the managed to pull the knife out by half an inch

Comment

Well Wife is negative thankfully though still ill, I have my test tomorrow as i am not well to.

My boss at work is a idiot of galactic proportions still trying to come up with promotions for things like Ice cream, Crepes,Waffles, Pizzas to try and get people in the door and not limiting the amount of people coming in and wanting us on the shop floor when customers are around

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        2 million people have died from this world wide now, the equivalent of 8,695 Boeing 737-10 Max aircraft full of passengers crashing into the ground.

You reckon people would get on a plane if 23 were crashing and killing all on board every day? No, wear your mask
                        Nice one Marty.

Numbers are higher in standard config, up to 9,804 with 16 in business 188 in Y. Think there are still only two Max-10's built both prototypes.

O'Leary's mob Ryanair has ordered the Max-200 which lets be honest most of our non-mask wearing citizens would fly, these are a bit smaller so the number there is 10k units to make the two million.

I don't think I would like to fly on a Max in any circumstance, get on an Airbus 320neo instead.

Comment

Finally the nhs has deemed that i'm worthy enough to get a vaccine, i mean i have only been handling & processing covid positive samples for the past year it's not like im front line or anything. About damn time lab staff got protected, by friday i'll have my covid protection along with the obligatory microsoft windows 10 body upgrade

Comment

Do they tell you which one you'll get?

Comment

In the site i had to log in to set up my appointment there was no mention of which brand it'll be, at this point i'll take either of them.

Comment

Damn right. Keep us updated. Seems a sore arm is quite common for a day or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X