No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the family? I did 10 more days with the babies a couple of weeks ago. Boris refusing to pissed me off (and many others) to say the least. Then he travelled to his rural cottage when he was meant to be isolating to start his little holiday.

Comment

I got my second jab on Friday and on Saturday I felt really hot, tired and lacking energy to do anything.

Realistically, there was a heatwave and I'm really lazy, so the jab was a convenient excuse to sit in the garden all day.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I got my second jab on Friday and on Saturday I felt really hot, tired and lacking energy to do anything.

Realistically, there was a heatwave and I'm really lazy, so the jab was a convenient excuse to sit in the garden all day.
        Really weird i felt like that too and i hadn't even had a jab

spooky!

Comment

I'm sure there's a joke to be made about small pricks but I'll be damned if I can think of what it could be.

Must be the heat, frying my brain thinking!

Luuuurve you all!!!

Comment

Had my second Pfizer jab yesterday afternoon. Temperature was 36.3C. It went up to 37.5 an hour later but calmed down before bed time. I didn’t notice anything beyond my eyes feeling a bit hot.

Today was rougher. I’ve had a headache since morning(painkillers didn’t help much) and my temperature reached 38.7 so I decided against ramen for dinner and had ice cream and cake instead. My eyes were burning so I used ice packs to cool them down while watching NCIS.

Temperature is down to 38 now at bed time.

Night night!

Comment

GF's daughter got Covid (works in Waitrose) and then GF got it. Her son (no jabs) seems to be immune - no symptoms and nothing on lateral flow. They are going to get him a PCR test later. Presumably so they can sell him to medical science. GF's daughter has lost her sense of smell, but otherwise just a sniffle (single jab). GF (double jabbed) has been in bed for a few days ill (temperature, aching all over, cough).

I escaped because I got pinged a few days before they got infectious so I've been isolating. The only place I'd been on the day of the trace match was Tesco.

Comment

Well my partner crashed hard on Sat, side effects got worse and worse over Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Local gp wouldn’t do anything so we spent all day at a&e waiting to be seen, eventually got into the gp at the hospital and turns out she’s picked up an infection ontop of the side effects from Covid, antibiotics & steroids for her so hopefully gets on the mend again.

She’s testing negative for Covid every day so that’s something at least.

Comment

Manager at work tested positive on Saturday, thinks she got it from one of her daughters, who probably got it from someone at school right as they were breaking up last week.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Hopefully you're clean!

So, Alberta...

From today, close contacts will not be required to isolate or be tested. They should isolate, but nothing will happen if they don't.

Testing will only happen for those with mild (or worse) symptoms from now on.

From August 16th, there will not be a legal requirement for anyone who tests positive to isolate. They should isolate, but nothing will happen if they don't.

I just can't believe this level of bull****. Rumour is it's part of a play for a forced election to oust Trudeau. ****ing Boris/Trump playbook nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Hopefully you're clean!

So, Alberta...

From today, close contacts will not be required to isolate or be tested. They should isolate, but nothing will happen if they don't.

Testing will only happen for those with mild (or worse) symptoms from now on.

From August 16th, there will not be a legal requirement for anyone who tests positive to isolate. They should isolate, but nothing will happen if they don't.

I just can't believe this level of bull****. Rumour is it's part of a play for a forced election to oust Trudeau. ****ing Boris/Trump playbook nonsense.
                      What a load of horse **** that is. If you are possible you must isolate. If you don't you should be punished in some way.

Comment

Honestly, everything everywhere seems designed to let the virus run rampant and break the testing system to hide the real case numbers.

Comment

I'm annoyed about the term "pingdemic" as it seems to imply that anyone being notified to isolate is being told to do so needlessly and that the system is at fault for doing it so much - rather than the reality of enormous infection rates and the system basically doing what it was told to do. If they didn't want it to notify so many people, they shouldn't have let the case rate go nuts.

Our local rate is up to 719.2 per 100K, highest I've ever seen it. Unlike the national figure it isn't going down either, it's consistently up week on week. This time two months ago it was 46.8.

Comment

With you on this - the app hasn't gained sentience, there is a very valid reason people are being told to isolate.

BBC site has had stories of employers suggesting all kinds of irresponsibility too; delete your tracking app, don't submit your test results, wear "I'm exempt from mask wearing" badges etc - and I'm sure this is not uncommon. I understand businesses are up against it and trying to protect their livelihoods, but it's the government's lack of support and "we're bored of this now" attitude that's empowering them to put lives at risk.

Comment

Here in Switzerland the situation is pretty relaxed; masks are still mandatory in closed public spaces, including offices, if you can't keep distance...which almost everyone in the office interpreted as "no more masks" and bosses don't seem too keen on having people following these rules. Everyone doesn't want to wear masks, but me and a few others who couldn't do home office had to wear them all day long even with noone around for a few months.

On the plus side, got my first jab today...left arm's hurting, but so far no other side effects.

Comment

If anyone here gets a sketchy-sounding employer request like being told to delete the app or some clever workaround, tell them to put it in writing.

While it's important for a business to operate, they will operate better with people being temporarily away to isolate than various members of staff being on long-term sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X