• DEFCON 3 - Not infected but know of someone who is

27 38.03%
  • DEFCON 2 - Not infected but infections in my town/city have occured

19 26.76%
  • DEFCON 1 - Not infected and know of no-one infected

19 26.76%
Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 20110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1231
    I think that's what was particularly frustrating with Trump's reaction, where he was happy to blame "Chihnaah" for "kung-flu", rather than addressing that people were dying in his own country.

I'm the same as you, Marty, where I think it's more important to solve the problem at hand first, before spending time and resources on pointing fingers, although and I can understand the benefit of asking why/where/when/how it happened to prevent it happening again, or at least responding quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    although and I can understand the benefit of asking why/where/when/how it happened to prevent it happening again, or at least responding quicker.
    But I don't think that's what the aim of it would be - more finding someone to blame to excuse any short comings over the response to dealing with.

Medical experts in London today were asked if it is time to ease the COVID lockdowns.
    Allergists were in favour of scratching it, but Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
    Gastroenterologists had a sort of a gut feeling about it, but Neurologists thought
    the government had a lot of nerve.
    Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while Ophthalmologists considered the idea short-sighted.
    Many Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"
    Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while Radiologists could see right through it.
    Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and Pharmacists
    claimed it would be a bitter pill to swallow.
    Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would
    "put a whole new face on the matter."
    Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but Urologists were pissed off by the whole idea.
    Anaesthetists thought the whole idea was a gas, and Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.
    In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the arseholes in politics.

Well after all this time and both of us being double jabbed and being so careful all the time, my partner tested positive today, she got it from her workmates who got it from their partners going out on the piss because of the football.

Ive taken 4 home tests and all negative with no symptoms so thatís something at least. Even still I'm having to isolate which is annoying but not the end of the world.

Well that sucks. Fingers crossed she's OK

Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Well after all this time and both of us being double jabbed and being so careful all the time, my partner tested positive today, she got it from her workmates who got it from their partners going out on the piss because of the football.

Ive taken 4 home tests and all negative with no symptoms so thatís something at least. Even still I'm having to isolate which is annoying but not the end of the world.
    What vacancies did you guys get? I'm down for Pfizer in August. Japan seems to be only doing Pfizer or moderna.
    Hope your missus only has a mild case.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 14-07-2021 at 11:19 PM.

I had my first Pfizer a few weeks ago in Ikebukuro. I had no trouble beyond the injection site on my left arm being sore(I sleep on my left side so sleeping was a bit difficult) and a headache the following morning.

My second is booked for next Wednesday and I'm thinking to get it in the right arm so I can sleep more easily.