CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Pretty much following on from what JazzFunk said a day ago, a thread where there's some level of monitoring of where the virus is up to when it comes to affecting the Bordersdown community.

Feel free to post any local updates you become aware of in the coming weeks but largely there's a simple poll you can select an option from and then click Unvote and revote to update as time goes on with as many users being lucky enough to stay in the low risk zone as possible.
    DEFCON 5 - Confirmed Coronavirus Case
    0%
    DEFCON 4 - Possibly Infected
    0%
    DEFCON 3 - Not infected but know of someone who is
    0%
    DEFCON 2 - Not infected but infections in my town/city have occured
    0%
    DEFCON 1 - Not infected and know of no-one infected
    0%

Things might be getting weird, but in the words of Douglas Adams:

DON'T PANIC!

Panic won't get us anywhere, check yaself befo ya wriggedy-wreck yaself.

Let's just see where this goes.

Comment

I work in microbiology, we have gotten a crapload of samples to test in the PCR lab but i'm not allowed to say how many positive samples have been isolated so far. Not concerned yet, common sense is needed but in the public domain it's a rarity so far as people are acting irrational.
      Last edited by importaku; 15-03-2020, 02:41.

Comment

Bordersdown.net shall fight the Corona!!!!!!

Comment

PS: It might need to be a 'rolling poll' (if such a thing is poss???)

Comment

Went to pick up the other half from college and on the way back did are normal weekly shopping, it was mental here in ireland, tescos, Aldi and lidl were pretty much cleaned out of the usual stuff like bread and toilet tissue and even stuff like baby wipes and kitchen towel (which i suspect people were getting instead of toilet tissue) and even pasta was cleared. Interesting looking at the shelves to see the stuff that was left behind as sweets and chocolate was pretty much untouched and Gluten free stuff was pretty much full

Then went up north to Asda and same thing, though local shops near us are fine and were able to get stuff, funny thing is though hearing people complain about people panic buying....as they are panic buying

Comment

I'm more scared of humanity than I am of the coronavirus. Any move that's made now could result in proper national craziness. We have to be sane with stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                I'm more scared of humanity than I am of the coronavirus. Any move that's made now could result in proper national craziness. We have to be sane with stuff like this.
                Well said, sadly if my local Tesco's is anything to go on, it's too late. I guess it's not helped by the BBC or SKY putting the fear of GOD into people. Still I bet Greta Thunberg and her Dad are happy, there won't be an Airline industry left, after this

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Well said, sadly if my local Tesco's is anything to go on, it's too late. I guess it's not helped by the BBC or SKY putting the fear of GOD into people. Still I bet Greta Thunberg and her Dad are happy, there won't be an Airline industry left, after this
                  Yeah but wait until she finds out that the oceans are filling up with plastic toilet roll wrapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Yeah but wait until she finds out that the oceans are filling up with plastic toilet roll wrapping.
                    That be next on her (read Dad's) hit list. I bet she be complaining of no Holidays for the rest of the year too

Comment

Voted Defcon 1 all very quiet here apart from people being absolute bellends in the supermarkets

Ideally though I'd prefer an option for "past caring"
                      I am happy to admit that I genuinely am fed up of it all.
                      Im glad my trip to Vegas is booked for end of November hopefully this will all be over by then

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        I hear you but I reckon one of the least effective ways to get people to stop panicking is to just tell them not to panic, especially when there is something to be worried about. It’s akin to telling someone to cheer up or asking them if they’re in a bad mood. What people need is a sense of control, a sense that there are plans, and also actions that they themselves can take. Activity can either be the result of a panic or, with guidance, it can stop a panic and actually contribute. As you say, the former doesn’t do anyone any good.

Comment

For me it was DEFCOM2 as a GP in our town has shut after someone with it went in to get checked and now they have to chase up all other visitors that day too

Comment

Matt Hancock was on the Sophie Ridge show this morning telling people that the rate of spread in the UK was far lower due to the actions the UK has taken

Comment

Voted "2".

One of the GP surgeries in town had to close for a deep clean the other week.

3 people in the Lavazza factory were confirmed positive for the virus.

Comment

Working...
                              X