No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a gent of advancing years and receding hairline I’m normally at the barber every two weeks for a baldy. With that not being possible at the moment I went to look for self hair cutting clippers. Blimey they’re sold out all over the place. Other than the massively marked up stuff on eBay.

Comment

[MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION] I'm just going to leave it and go full Mr. Twit until this is all done.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
        Does anyone know any places that stock genuine masks or respirators now? This is getting to be crazy. I know the best precaution is distancing. Places near me were reportedly selling hand gel for £10, the smallest size.
        You’ve got no chance. Ive taken to poncing off all the builders and trade workers round my factory now as I'm running out and work with dust all day.

To make matters even worse the gov is ring fencing them all from manufacturers but not paying for them, so theres 100’s masks (if not more) just sitting in warehouses doing nothing due to ineptitude, again.

Edit. https://youtu.be/N8WSpnVSsRg

For anyone than can sew properly, probably the only realistic option for the time being if you can get hold of the materials, which of course will only be a matter of time until people panic buy.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-04-2020, 10:02.

Comment

My normal shaver has a decent clipper attachment. Maybe you can get one for yours? [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION]

Comment

The whole end comes off.

Comment

I'd see a doctor about that.

Comment

If they go ahead and ban outdoor exercise, as this bellend Hancock is threatening, i think I may just suck it up and pay the fine at £60 a pop and make sure I get my money's worth. Got naff all else to spend dough on the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  You’ve got no chance. Ive taken to poncing off all the builders and trade workers round my factory now as I'm running out and work with dust all day. To make matters even worse the gov is ring fencing them all from manufacturers but not paying for them, so theres 100’s masks (if not more) just sitting in warehouses doing nothing due to ineptitude, again. Edit. https://youtu.be/N8WSpnVSsRg For anyone than can sew properly, probably the only realistic option for the time being if you can get hold of the materials, which of course will only be a matter of time until people panic buy.
                  Thanks for replying. It's a crazy situation. Regarding the virus, some people get it bad and some get lesser symptoms. This is going by reports and people I know. So I'm even more confused. It's not all due to underlying or undiganosed illnesses.

Comment

The Trust I work for has had over 70 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 and there were over 200 seriously ill patients with the disease as of last week. We’re expecting cases to double every five days (which is better than projected) with the peak hitting over Easter.

I have colleagues who have tested positive and a member of my team has had a death in their family.

i am not looking forward to this coming week,

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      Being a gent of advancing years and receding hairline
                      Same here although I do have some clippers but wifey is dead against me using them so she has volunteered to give it a go, probably next Sunday I'll let her hackaway at it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        My normal shaver has a decent clipper attachment. Maybe you can get one for yours? @CMcK
                        Unfortunately not. This is my shaver - https://shop.dovo.com/en/merkur-rasi...-90700002.html

Comment

Ah....

Comment

Made an N95 a-like mask out of a Henry Hepo vacuum cleaner bag. One bag will make about 3. Any anti-allergy type bags should do the trick. Better than an old t shirt though not as good as the real thing I imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Made an N95 a-like mask out of a Henry Hepo vacuum cleaner bag. One bag will make about 3. Any anti-allergy type bags should do the trick. Better than an old t shirt though not as good as the real thing I imagine
                              Did you draw a big smile on it too?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                I'm going to get the materials and get my other half to start making them for me and staff, shes a dab hand with a sewing machine so should be able to improve and get some nice ones quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X