• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Did you draw a big smile on it too?
    Well I will now!

Comment

I went to the local shopping centre the other day, it's quite interesting because there's only three shops open (Sainsbury's, Marks and Spencer, Superdrug) and quite some distance between them.

Felt rather apocalyptic, but I got some yellow label reductions.

Comment

A video talking about how our constant need to interact with and domesticate / farm more and more animals (and expand into new habitats) will naturally lead to us coming into contact with more viruses.

Comment

Well that and 7.5billion people 🤷

Comment

Yeah. That "virus" scene in the Matrix is pretty much spot on

Comment

Boris now in intensive care. "Routine tests" my arse.

Comment

Really it just exposes the extent to which the Tories are lying about the scale of the virus. They'd have lost nothing for simply saying he was seriously ill with it, possibly even built some sympathy but instead they look like liars who can't be trusted when providing updates now. If the previous stat of ICU Virus suffers having a 50/50 survival rate is still true and he dies then there'll be a media storm

Comment

He can take it on the chin, no doubt.

Comment

Herd immunity......

Comment

His incompetence beggars belief.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                          Boris now in intensive care. "Routine tests" my arse.
                          I wonder if he'll underfund or close the hospital he's recuperating in if he recovers.

Sorry, no sympathy here whatsoever for someone who very publicly described black people as "Piccaninnies with watermelon smiles" and Muslim women as "letterboxes".
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-04-2020, 05:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            I wonder if he'll underfund or close the hospital he's recuperating in if he recovers.

Sorry, no sympathy here whatsoever for someone who very publicly described black people as "Piccaninnies with watermelon smiles" and Muslim women as "letterboxes".
                            Good job he got the email about ventilators for that department, phew.

Comment

C'mon guys, he's deathly ill. I don't like him either, but let's not be ghoulish.

Comment

I don't think people are wishing death for him, Asura. I don't wish this for anyone. But it is hard to have much sympathy. He is the one who said maybe you should take it on the chin. While some other countries were following WHO guidelines and trying to build a sense of urgency in order to avoid needless deaths, he was selling herd immunity which, by the way, you seemed to buy in to. He was still shaking hands. That delay, that sense of 'just carry on', would have cost lives. As it happens, some of the figures aren't even as bad as they could have been and yet there are people dead now who may well have made it through. Real people. Fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters. Add that to being part of a party to strip away at the very health service required right now and, yeah, I think you'll need to forgive people for not being all that sympathetic to the man.

Comment

Working...
                                X