No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of smell and taste seems to be a fairly common symptom. My terrible taste in clothes pre-dates Covid-19 by several decades though.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      Symptoms vary by person. Some people will just get a fever(because they’re fighting the virus and, I guess, winning) or flu-like symptoms. For other people, the virus reaches their lungs and causes havoc.
      I see. That's definitely not what you want.

Comment

Went for my antibodies test today, through work as an NHS worker (still doesnt apply to get any of these discounts going around as I don't have an NHS number working in dental, just a dental registration number) we were invited to book a slot from end of last week to end of this month. Like when you book delivery slots for home delivery from the supermarket or click and collect, I chose my slot that was every 20 mins I believe.

So when I arrived there was a very long queue outside and after about 40 minutes someone popped outside (scolding hot outside but at least a nice view) to top up the available hand sanitizer apologizing that the online booking system had messed up and double booked everyone. 90 minutes late I got in and this lovely nurse somehow managed to get (very slow flow) blood from me from one go which is unheard of for me. She looked about 15 bless her and was running the whole thing herself surrounded by sharps boxes and filled vials she had stacked up in pouches waiting for the nurse we saw earlier probably to collect them every so often.

Hopefully will get the results in 48 hours apparently. The form we had to fill in had a disclamer which someone described as very 'Boris like' as well as the FAQ's which basically said if you test positive you have had it at some point but not necessarily immune and if you haven't you may have had it, may never have had it or may have it now. Happy days.

Got half the day off of work with my lunch break to got to the Post Office and pick up some last minute wedding crap all masked up in the local shops so can't complain. No one at work has come back positive so far, the bosses wife supposedly had a positive in a private test about 2 months ago but now is negative so I don't know what all that was about.

Comment

Aaaand I just got the email which took 10 mins of signing up for the secure email provider to get.

Negative aka no antibodies, which literally mean anything.

Comment

A local lockdown has been brought in at around 10pm with a midnight deadline. I'm currently in breach of it, because I was staying with the missus. I only knew about it because I ended up looking at the BBC News website where it was "breaking news". As an aside, I'm in a largely Muslim area and it's currently Eid al-Adha, so they've inevitably all got their families round - to them it's a bit like announcing it on Christmas Day after gran's gone to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Aaaand I just got the email which took 10 mins of signing up for the secure email provider to get.

Negative aka no antibodies, which literally mean anything.
              Great news, although that's still not very clear.
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 31-07-2020, 13:27.

Comment

With our 10yr anniversary of being together being a couple of months out and off the table for doing something at the time we were cheeky and went for a meal at TGI's today at midday. It was amazing to see so few diners yet so much stupidity. The chief winner was a party of about 12 people very clearly from around three households ignore social distancing, mither the staff about table distancing and then breach about every rule going whilst also getting in the way of other diners ability to get in and out of the branch with a clear distance. Awkward for the poor staff but also showed how keeping business > the rules and that's bearing in mind the branch is within local lockdown rules too.

Comment

Just got confirmation that my life assurance has been increased to cover the mortgage being paid off and a bit extra. Makes me feel more at ease, especially with the twins going back to school on Monday and my daughter starting college (they call it gymnasium here on Denmark) on Tuesday.
                  Shame it took the insurance company five months to make a decision!

Comment

Could you guys help with a question regarding masks? The normal 95 or fp2 masks state no oil based fumes, does that mean they would ruin the filters or do those fumes pass while it blocks other particles?

Comment

It's not particles that these masks are designed to block but droplets of liquid, which are much bigger than fumes (think about how you can still smell smoke through a mask). At least that's my take until someone comes up with a better answer.
                      Can you paste the exact wording?

Comment

Thanks, I've seen many masks but this is the exact text on one kind, 'replaceable particle filter. Filter up to 95% of non-oily, airborne particles.'

I don't think it's worded that well but I'd love to know if oily fumes would knacker similar masks. But then wouldn't there be a warning? I know the oil type masks are rated P something abroad.

Comment

Always be Bodie.

Comment

So I went for my recommended asymptomatic testing last Thursday and get a negative result this morning.
                            Hopefully they can figure out antibody tests soon too. Just because I'm curious.

Comment

I went for a test last week as had symptoms, mostly altered sense of taste and smell. Came back negative but since then I've also had a really snotty nose where my bogies are orangey brown and occasionally have blood in them, so I'm not sure if I should believe the results or whether I just have some sort of bug.

Comment

Hmm, tweet didn't embed.
                                Last edited by teddymeow; 26-08-2020, 20:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X