No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardly new. When it was being touted at 90% that was the logic. Moderna doing the same with theirs.

I don't know if this is standard trial vaccine data presentation though, nor if any additional factors are worked into the data, consideration of individual social circumstances over the period etc.

I suspect yes to the former (or hope it's yes and that people aren't given a trial vaccine and then deliberately infected with whatever), and possibly to the latter.

Edit..just saw your edit...obviously! But the ethics around that!

Comment

Call me totally naive but I thought that’s how they had to test these things. I mean, if the subjects aren’t all deliberately and clearly very exposed to the virus, how can we know they are protected?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Call me totally naive but I thought that’s how they had to test these things. I mean, if the subjects aren’t all deliberately and clearly very exposed to the virus, how can we know they are protected?
        It's known as Human-Challenge trials, it's generally something that isn't done, at least on a large scale: https://mrc.ukri.org/news/blog/human...est-a-vaccine/

Comment

Got a positive result.
          I've been feeling like I had a hangover all last week. And I wasn't sleeping well either. Today my smell and taste have gone. Booked in for a test and it came back positive. Just hope I haven't spread it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Cassius.
            Keep the fluids up and rest when you need to.

Side note: Are the DEFCONs the wrong way in the poll?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Sorry to hear that, Cassius.
              Keep the fluids up and rest when you need to.

Thanks. Hopefully I'm over the worst. The lost of smell and taste is depressing though

Comment

Yes and we have War Games to thank for people's misinformation on that.

[MENTION=16707]Cassius_Smoke[/MENTION] hope you're feeling better soon.

Comment

Just want it on record that I wasn't sure and looked up DEFCON ratings for this.

Sorry to hear about your symptoms Cassius, and hoping things are on the up from here.

Comment

Yep, get well soon CS.

Comment

I wasn't really sure what to expect. I've not had any of the symptoms. No temperature or sore throat or cough. Its just like a hangover for me. Headache, general aches and dry thirst. It's only now I've lost my smell and taste that made me get the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Thanks. Hopefully I'm over the worst. The lost of smell and taste is depressing though
                        When my wife had it, she was really worried it wouldn't come back.
                        Really annoying as I cooked every meal whilst she was ill and couldn't appreciate a single one!

It's come back again, if that's consolation!

Comment

When my wife had it, she was really worried it wouldn't come back.
                          Really annoying as I cooked every meal whilst she was ill and couldn't appreciate a single one!

It's come back again, if that's consolation!
                          Well that's good to know. Didn't know she had it, was it bad for her?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Well that's good to know. Didn't know she had it, was it bad for her?
                            She got it October, more details here.

Basically, she was exhausted, sleeping all day.
                            When she started getting up again, she was mentally drained all the time, with simple mental tasks wearing her out.

All good now though, thankfully.
                            There are others who haven't been so lucky though, so I totally count our blessings she's OK.

Comment

Track and trace have informed me that a headache is what everyone has reported. Its obviously too vague to tell people that is a major sign but thats the main factor.

I tested positive 10 days ago. It has been a bit like a hangover for me too. That's a good analogy!

Im still very tired and still cant taste or smell but I also think I've been lucky to not have had any major breathing issues.

Comment

Chances of me being able to gome home for Christmas are getting slim, as Switzerland continuously adds more and more Italian regions to the quarantine list but still keeps sky resorts open and the federal council delegates cantons to decide if public events can be held or not...like the Christmas market in Biel that was still on and actively publicized for people all across Switzerland to come and visit.
                                I won't be surprised if the whole country ends up in all of EU's quarantine list during this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X