No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s no other way it can work if you’re going to send kids out to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      It's bizarre.

You can only meet groups of six; but every day, parents are sending their secondary-school kids to sit in rooms with ~30 other kids (which might change throughout the day depending on their class/group/subject) who are, in most cases, going to be from ~30 different families.

Sure, the schools are trying to get the kids to wear masks, social distancing etc., but come on... It's nonsensical.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        It's nonsensical.
        100%. We've the same thing here. More restrictions about households and yet they chuck the entire nation's kids in with one another and then send them home to all those households. And while they have put out guidelines for schools, due to obvious hard limits such as classroom sizes very few can actually implement any safety procedures.

Comment

What we're going to end up needing is some sort of universally applied measure across the nation so that everyone is isolated long enough to starve out the virus and then be able to get back to normal with closed borders to stop new incoming infections in a coordinated effort to lock the virus down in as short a term as possible. Some sort of.... national... lock... down... hmm..

Comment

Yep. Should have been done right at the start.

Comment

My daughters school has had to shut down the entire of year 3 as 4 children in separate bubbles all started with symptoms and have all since tested positive, you could say its not working very well and no doubt others years will follow.

Comment

Daughter is still isolating as reported elsewhere, she gets freedom this Friday.

She told me as of last week 800 were off school isolating across the town where her school is.

Comment

The town in which my wife teaches is now seeing rapid increases in numbers of Covid, though no cases at her school yet, its probably only be a matter of time. Though im not in the least bit suprised, seeing the hordes of people sat outside pubs etc on the weekend was just madness. Should have brought new measures in last week, god knows why they waited until yesterday. Suppose they had to give the morons one last oppotuinty to go on an all weekend bender and spend all that £££ at Spoons etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    3 full classes of kids isolating at home and 3 teachers too.
                    So far no outbreak at the school, but it's really only a matter of time.
                    And case 2 today, another 3 classes off into isolation.

My sister was telling me yesterday that Year 6 at Roath Park School are all isolating.

Comment

Still got people shoving their hands in their mouths and having to be pushed to wash them at the end of appointments despite telling them to avoid touching their faces and use a tissue.

Have you noticed no one is pushing washing hands properly/ more often anymore? I said from the very beginning if people just stayed apart and washed their hands more we'd be better off. People can't wash their hands properly or chose not to despite being asked. Now they don't bother and think mask wearing is the way to go with the odd place still offering hand sanitizer when people by now should be actively carrying their own and washing regularly anyway.

Comment

I still can't believe that adults need to be told to wash their hands after using the toilet. FFS.
                        It's like in The Mist when Thomas Jane's character is telling them not to be stupid and stay inside, then gets blamed for the guy getting killed.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          I still can't believe that adults need to be told to wash their hands after using the toilet. FFS.
                          I can. At the shared offices I work at (or would normally be working at), I lost count of the number of times people flushed and walked out of toilets and straight out of the door. That when I started buying hand sanitizer in bulk to secondary disinfect at my desk after having to use the same unclean door handles, long before any Covid-19 stuff.

People are mucky buggers by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Driving back near cavan there was like 20-30 kids with 3 teachers all walking down a path and while they did not go into shops ...still felt that was really dumb thing to do

Comment

Today my youngest kid figured out that they could take advantage of this covid situation and told their teacher they weren't feeling so well. Straight home with a 'didn't you check to see if your kid was unwell?!' from the principal. My kid is not even slightly unwell but does have a slight aversion to school.

Comment

I'd have never gotten away with that as a kid. My mum was a senior teacher in a different school and during my primary school days she commuted far from my school/ where we lived so it would be quite ****ty.

At secondary school our schools were in the same town. My mum only had to come out of work 3 times for me, twice when I had to go to A&E and once when a neighbour finally got back home when I was locked out in heavy snow and I finally got to use their phone. (the bus used to 'miss' our village when late or the weather was bad, so I was stood outside for 3 hours). She was a lady not to mess with and I didn't want to bother her.

Comment

Working...
                                X