CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    If he dies we could end up with the likes of Mogg or Gove running the country.
    You say that like as if the ERG (that Rees-Mogg heads up) haven't already had any signifcant input into the national discourse over the last four years!

Comment

Well, tomorrow will be my last day at work - got the call today that the business needs to cut more costs so I'm being furloughed.

I'm feeling 50/50 about it.

Should have been off this week so I can at least do some of the bits I'd planned - Easter holidays so spend fun time with the kids. Decorate some rooms. Do some gardening.

On the other hand, I've never not been working since I left college at 18. Even when I left previous jobs I've always had the next thing lined up.

On the other hand - being paid to stay at home.

Actually, having typed all that I'm really upset about it.

Comment

Im confused by this. They need to cut costs but are paying you to stay at home but not do any work for them?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Im confused by this. They need to cut costs but are paying you to stay at home but not do any work for them?
          Government are paying, innit!

Comment

Errr no gov is not. The system isn’t even set up and wont be for some time. If their paying you its out of fat or turnover as normal, but your not their doing any work, so their literally wasting money right now.

Sounds like they really thought that out well.

Comment

I thought the company pays you and claims 80% back once its all set up?

Comment

Year “once” its all set up. You get nothing until the gov bothers to set it all up, could be August at this rate, if at all, and its all a big effing IF at this point.

My point is their paying out his wages to save money but he's not working the absolute morons. They still have to pay out their own pocket then claim back later, whenever that is. If your doing that then just have your staff actually work rather than chucking your cash down the drain.

I give up 🤷
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 07-04-2020, 21:06.

Comment

Can I have some money?

Comment

Discover topics like funny, memes, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like rooosh.

Comment

My aunt's father got it.

He just died the saddest part is that you die alone. You can't even be with them in their last moments.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that. Yeah, that part is really terrible. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                          My aunt's father got it.

He just died the saddest part is that you die alone. You can't even be with them in their last moments.
                          Awful news Zaki.

Condolences to you and your family.

Comment

[MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION] sorry to hear that mate.

Comment

Sorry Zaki :-(

Comment

Sorry Zaki, the way you're cut off from friends and family is just aweful.

Comment

Working...
                                X