No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emailed from boss, not overly clear but if I keep working in what I’m doing now (basically answering phone/ nursing when I’m made to) I ‘should’ be safe. Looks like we maybe staying open but one of our practices between here and London is being turned into an emergency dental centre and anyone furloughed is up to volunteer working there for full pay despite less hours.

One of their dentists has been forced to move in a dorm and work in the Nightingale frontline ward in London and the NHS are already asking/ collecting staff details to nab staff for the centre. Boss is trying to keep us working at our practices as long as possible so we are not forced to work there.

Scary stuff, I’m just gonna stay at the desk for longer I think.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      So i know someone who works for a large building site in London, one that happens to be owned by a certain mayor of London, the company said they were going to pull off site as per the govs instructions at the time for building sites, he then threatened to sue the company if they puled off, no doubt he doesn't want his golden parachute to get delayed.

If i could get hold of any documents proving this i would leak them, this whole situation really has brought out the best in everyone eh.
      Plus whilst many companies are doing what they can some of the airlines like EZY and BA remove the 'refund' button from their website and try to get away with vouchers instead when flights are cancelled.

Scumbags.

Comment

It really does appear that some companies are using this as an opportunity to pull off wanker moves they wouldn't get away with normally. It's showing their true colours. I just hope people remember and ditch them when things get back to normal. I suspect some of them keep the ****ty tactics in place forever in the hope that people have some kind of 'double think' and assume it was always like that.

Comment

Yep;

Nice;
          The chain is the latest supermarket to reward staff for their extra efforts during the crisis.

Not nice:
          The airlines' trade body wants to give vouchers for cancelled flights but passengers are unhappy.

Comment

My friend was allowed home after recovering in the ICU after infection. Got to speak to him for the first time this afternoon, made up for him.

Comment

Here's a shot I took this evening of one shopping channel.

They also had hand sanitiser.

Comment

Amazon fired a guy for breaking pandemic rules, because he organised a rally to protest for lack of pandemic protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  My friend was allowed home after recovering in the ICU after infection. Got to speak to him for the first time this afternoon, made up for him.
                  Glad to hear that. Luckily no immediate family or friends are sick, despite being close to the Italian epicentre.

Comment

Furloughed from Monday (yay)
                    Got to still go into work tomorrow with bugger all to do (boo)

Secretly super happy about it. Still might need to help out if our practice is used as one of the emergency centres but I won't be running to be the first in line for that. My mum and sister will be happy about that.

EDIT - had a crazy woman at our practice today, ignoring the sign on the door NO ONE to enter unless they had booked an emergency that day. Knocked and peered through the window.
                    "Oh! As I have free time now and you are not busy, I was hoping someone could clean my teeth today!?"
                    It took a lot of effort not to tell her to F-off. I wish I was joking, the fool swanned off like she didn't have a care in the world.
                    Last edited by Blobcat; 02-04-2020, 16:05.

Comment

Second lockdown supermarket trip and in a week everyone has become insanely bad at social distancing

Comment

On furlough for one week from 13th of April; well, it's actually four days since the 13th is holiday, but I wonder if a single week is enough, as our the biggest contract we are working on right now is from Spain, and Spain has more impending concerns.

Comment

Shopping rushes have gone down quite a lot here, Was funny went to Aldi with the wife and only allowed one person in partner had to stay in the car so can see loads of cars with guys listening to music or on the phones lol actually my perfect shopping trip

Ironic thing is now my hours have been reduced though am working at a garage so not reduced by that much but the irony is if i was made temporary unemployed the payments they are giving on welfare is actually more than i would currently be getting in my job....so really hoping that would get some time off.

Dunno what to make of this social distancing rule tbh ...i am sure its better than doing nothing but if I knew someone had the corona virus i think 2meters would be still to close and the way the rule has been set up would often have to stand in a place another person was standing anyway.

Work is definitely a lot quieter but still has its busy moments due to all the local factorys bar one closing down (and the one that is open is doing business more than its ever done as they do things considered essential with packaging and plastic trays etc)

Have seen more Garda around to stopping people as its obvious some are taking the piss on the way home today saw a group of 10 walking down the street,

Thing is me and the wife were actually ill back in late February before it all blew up in ireland, I had what felt like the flu but no chest or breathing problems and no sore throat or headache and the wife had the same but seemed to lead to a chest infection but she is never ill in the past 10 years so we are starting to wonder now.

Comment

Toilet paper. I saw an entire isle full to the brim of toilet paper today.

Comment

I've not been able to buy facial tissue for more than 2 weeks. Lysol/sanitiser wipes for week longer.
                              I did manage to get a handsoap refill, which was nice.

Comment

Does anyone know any places that stock genuine masks or respirators now? This is getting to be crazy. I know the best precaution is distancing. Places near me were reportedly selling hand gel for £10, the smallest size.

Comment

Working...
                                X