No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend is starting to come back from having the infection, huge relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      My friend is starting to come back from having the infection, huge relief.
      Awesome news! How old is he by the way? Keep safe everyone.

Comment

Several over 70s coming in the shop....just to get a newspaper

Comment

Went to Sainsbury's to green some essentials I haven't been able to get so far.

One in, one out policy but loads of elderly just milling about and not employing social distancing.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Went to Sainsbury's to green some essentials I haven't been able to get so far.

One in, one out policy but loads of elderly just milling about and not employing social distancing.
            What with the proposal to empty the prisons, maybe we can round up any stray old folk and lock them in there.

Comment

At the risk of the thread becoming one about old people being ignorant its more a case of ignorant people being told to pay more attention/understand why these measures area being implemented. If a stranger was too near me I'd move away or make them aware they're too near (there's very little reason at the moment to be close to people unless you choose to).

I know it sounds harsh but I'm more than comfortable to reinforce the above right now as its for your own well-being and not just the other person's.

Comment

Just had confirmation that one of the ENT consultants in the Trust where I work died yesterday.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Paulos.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                    Awesome news! How old is he by the way? Keep safe everyone.
                    i

40 mate, he’s the first person to come out of ICU in the hospital for Covid.

Comment

I will officially run out of tasks to do sometime tomorrow at work, apart from answering the phone and emails which are few and far between after the morning rush. Not sure to tell the boss or not as we want to go home if we can but we obviously want to get paid, nothing in place to suggest what else to do as we have done everything you can think of in between calls to stop dying from boredom and loneliness.

I will probably be bringing in my Nintendo Switch in for the afternoon as once the dentist goes we will be just sat there awaiting people to call us.

Best friend's mum hasn't been following guidelines (she lives alone and has several medical condition) and has been meeting up with friends. One of the mum's friends has recently collapsed and now is in a critical condition with the virus so only now she is staying at home. Friend is obviously worried but lives the other end of country and has a toddler who are both quarantined atm as the little one has been on/ off sick since Christmas so is relying on her vast extended family to help her mum.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        Several over 70s coming in the shop....just to get a newspaper
                        What paper do they mostly buy?

Comment

My moneys on the Mail

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            ermm...farming journal lol

Comment

So i know someone who works for a large building site in London, one that happens to be owned by a certain mayor of London, the company said they were going to pull off site as per the govs instructions at the time for building sites, he then threatened to sue the company if they puled off, no doubt he doesn't want his golden parachute to get delayed.

If i could get hold of any documents proving this i would leak them, this whole situation really has brought out the best in everyone eh.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                One came in and got mirror lol

Comment

Working...
                                X