No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the big factory group near where i work the Quinn group based on the border to Northern ireland, i spoke to someone there today around 4pm who said they had the first confirmed case there and a group of people had all been sent home to get tested, I see a lot of people from Quinns at work every day (they have a load of factories and businesses near by) got no idea which part of it the confirmed case is but with the amount of people working there it is a big worry.

Comment

some cases within a 5 miles radius of where I live... all schools.

Comment

There's a Covid-19 testing centre opened up near my missus, with all the white tents it looks like that bit in E.T. where he's dying. There's a convenience store a stone's throw away that we used a lot, but we've no plans to use it now until it's all gone - only takes one of the infected to fancy a sandwich.

Comment

Well ireland has really gone to pot now, I live in border county and with over 1200 cases in the north and now over 1000 in the south its is driving me a little bit crazy how inept/idiotic politicians and quite a lot of the members of the public are.

Comment

Received email today from work, staff member at main practice has tested positive and those who worked with/ near them have been informed so are either isolating or something or other. No mo details apart from being super vigilant about masks, distancing and washing hands/ obeying guidelines.

Feel a bit better about not being at work now.

Comment

Situation in central Switzerland is going bad, and fast.
              During this week, about 400 people in my canton /region) were forced in quaratine after tracing shown a COVID-positive guy from another canton went to various parties. A nearby canton has 50% of the population positive, and several hospital workers are calling for a second lockdown, which the government is very reluctant to enact. In the meantime, Germany put my canton in the quarantine list effectively immediately as many go to supermarkets close to the border to shop for groceries.

From Monday my company is mandating masks if you move around the site but not if you're at your desk. Management is still firm on not allowing remote work despite the previous attempt showing very positive result.
              And, in a perfect example of tone-deafness, the company magazine had a ten page special about how the CEO balances work-related stress and family life, including photos from his recent (June) trip to Bali, when people had to forfeit their holidays, foreigners like me were unable to see families and friends for months and most probably won't be able to go home for Christmas, others were forced to take holidays during the first lockdown, had to go through furlough, or were fired due to cancelled orders.

Meanwhile northern Italy is preparing for a second lockdown, according to my parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                There's a Covid-19 testing centre opened up near my missus, with all the white tents it looks like that bit in E.T. where he's dying. There's a convenience store a stone's throw away that we used a lot, but we've no plans to use it now until it's all gone - only takes one of the infected to fancy a sandwich.
                One near us with the same white tents and the like.

Comment

Staff member in our office tested positive for covid, company's response is telling us not bring in birthday treats for the office .

half the staff are still doing coffee runs for each other or making each other drinks in the canteen so its all a bit of a farce. no doubt more people will get it as the general atmosphere here seems to be to carry on as if we're not in a pandemic.

Comment

I am not a parent but i know many and this is the vibe i got from many of them

What parents say when there is a lockdown and schools close "You are depriving kids of a education and a future"

What parents really mean " You are depriving me of sleep and my sanity as the little demons drive me crazy"

Comment

You’re not wrong.

Comment

Well Ireland is at level 5 from Wednesday so will be interesting what work is like then especially with the factories nearby

Comment

Daughter can't go in school tomorrow, they are going to tell us if she has to isolate or not due to another two cases on top of the one already discovered last week.

If so that would make it two rounds of iso since going back after summer.

Wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                            Daughter can't go in school tomorrow, they are going to tell us if she has to isolate or not due to another two cases on top of the one already discovered last week.

If so that would make it two rounds of iso since going back after summer.

Wonderful.
                            and just found out here in Ireland full lockdown....apart from schools lol

Comment

My sister's two eldest are already isolating due to exposure to separate cases at their school, and Wales is back into lockdown from Friday. Except for year 7 and below? #logical

****ing idiot Jason Kenney in Alberta is laying off 11000 health service workers like cleaners. Perfect timing. "Oh we don't have the money to pay them", good thing the oil and gas folks got billions instead.

Comment

We will have year 7 and 8 for a week. Because why would teachers need quality time off? Half term is going to be rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X