No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's terrible, [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. Hope your wife and family and you are doing okay. That's a worry and, yeah, I can understand why you're frustrated with how it happened. That's hard. I hope your wife makes a full recovery soon and is feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      Sorry to hear that QC. Shocking behaviour from a headteacher.
      You'll be surprised. We had a consultant on our ward coughing and sneezing with no mask and not trying to use the elbow when sneezing. But he was a top consultant and wasn't challenged. What it must be like to be higher up the food chain

Comment

That's a lot on your plate [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] ... hope your wife is over the worse and you can soon get back to some kind of normality. Very poor form from the head though ...

My wife works in education and similarly the head is almost a Covid denier ... like he refuses to acknowledge it to a worrying degree and it has a lot of the staff concerned. I know the college need students or they'll suffer but safety trumps all, surely.

Comment

Thanks everyone. We're both really pleased that the symptoms didn't make her another statistic on the news and that she's on the mend.

There's definitely a hierarchical structure to society and if those in charge don't wear masks/drive to Barnard Castle, then people are likely to follow their lead.

I mainly just wanted to say not to let anyone make you feel uncomfortable if you want to wear a mask.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that QC. Sounds like a hugely stressful and worrying situation for yourself and your wife.

Glad to hear she's getting better and hope it's not long till she's fully recovered.

Comment

Me and my family all tested positive. My 3 kids have been absolutely fine. Me and the missus went through what seemed like flu symptoms, but with real intense headache that lasted about 5 days. We are both feeling much better now. We have about 3 days left of our isolation. I think I'm just left with muscle aches.

The main reason we got tested was that my wife lost her sense of smell. We think she caught it from her fitness class in a gym.

Comment

Glad you're starting to feel better and the kids didn't suffer.

Comment

Woah, that's not good. Glad you're all OK hudson.

Comment

Coworker in the same office was in close contact with a positive person. Waiting for his result to see if the whole office has to quarantine.

Comment

Getting quite frustrated with where i work now tbh, work in a petrol station/shop literally a mile from the border to north ireland.

Nearby we have the massive Quinn group which has a load of factories businesses and workers, I have heard that one person had been tested positive and they had to send a group home for testing which i have heard nothing more.

The part i find frustrating is where i work and the quinn group are not using common sense and its as busy now as pre lockdown, really people at the factories should be having staggered breaks and lunches so a massive group of people are not all sent out at once, should be phoning in orders for the deli and then sending one person to pick up, and the shop i work we really should not be away from the till if someone is in the shop.

Where i work is so short staffed that if any of us caught it would likely shut down and if any at quinns caught it could shut down the factories

Comment

[MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] Sorry to hear about your experiences. It has struck me as odd, given how long this has gone on, that very few of us here have actually caught it. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          @hudson Sorry to hear about your experiences. It has struck me as odd, given how long this has gone on, that very few of us here have actually caught it. Yet.
                          Does it not feel a lot closer to home this time, though?
                          Last time is was a friend-of-a-friend who had it, this time it's friends and family.

Comment

The first wave, I knew nobody with Covid. But since the kids went back to school, it was nearly every week a class was being sent home or someone was testing positive.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Does it not feel a lot closer to home this time, though?
                              Last time is was a friend-of-a-friend who had it, this time it's friends and family.
                              That's exactly it. It's like it has crept closer and closer and now it's among us. I don't like it.

Comment

Touch wood, still just people that people I know know. 2 deaths last time, 0 in the second wave so far. Miraculously so far no cases at the kids school yet either (that they know of)

Comment

Working...
                                X