No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get to have a summer? Mine was mostly getting stuff ready for the eventual September ****show.

Comment

Oh come on guys, you get about 8 million weeks off a year

To be fair though, I know it's an extra tough break for you guys right now. Good on you for keeping school happening.
      Last edited by wakka; 20-10-2020, 17:55.

Comment

Confirmed, daughter has to iso for fourteen days from today, she can go back 29th.

Work it out!

Comment

Our third lot of isolating students and teachers are due back on Friday. Hopefully we can not have a case between now and then.

One of the schools in the city had to close because too many teachers are isolating.

Comment

Work lunch break now has to be set to work assigned bubbles.

Got an email that I am only allowed to sit on a table with 3 particular nurses. One who is lovely but rarely works at the same surgery I am in most days and 2 new staff members who are very young and I have only met one once a month ago.

The phrasing work gave in regards of not approving my Christmas leave makes me feel that they are very uncertain on what is happening over Christmas. I'm speculating here but as Christmas is quite quiet maybe they have some weird plan of getting more in or slowing down to basic emergencies again and having a longer closure as keeping the place open for even less patients (who are more likely to cancel this time of year) is a lot of money wasted, hence my concern they may go the opposite and try and pump in more business.

Tomorrow is our last quarantine day, looking forward to be back at work on Thursday (if rather apprehensive I have not worked in 5 weeks). God knows what new politics are in play when I get back in there.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Oh come on guys, you get about 8 million weeks off a year

To be fair though, I know it's an extra tough break for you guys right now. Good on you for keeping school happening.
              LOL that is true but yeah most time has been spent preparing online learning materials which half the pupils don't bother doing anyway!

It's not the time off for me. I like my job. We just have a severe lack of recognition that we regularly surround ourselves with 30 pupils in a small room whilst people who work in large offices are told not to go in. I teach computer science so sometimes I have to share a pupil's computer, despite my best efforts not to. I had to self isolate for two weeks because of a pupil in my form class testing positive, too (yay more time off :/).

It wouldn't be so bad if the government didn't blatantly lie about school children not being able to spread the virus. I would rather they tell us it is risky but required. They wouldn't do that as a lot of teachers would have to shield, though. We have a guy who's wife has cancer that is just refusing to come back to work. Can't blame him.

Comment

Right, got to get something off my chest that nobody is talking about and yet should be all over public information - footpath etiquette. We're living with a global pandemic and people are wandering all over footpaths. Or heading right down the centre ensuring anyone passing will have to come close to you. Those people are giant tits.

We need new footpath etiquette rules. Stick to one side, stay in your lane, travel like Tusken Raiders and stop getting in the way of people faster than you.

Comment

Nope, in a way I cheat, I just play games. It beats a 2 metre gap, 2 metre gap reduces chace to catch by a few percent, but playing games cuts the chance of catching or carrying down to 0% which I feel is a better transmission rate in my view.

A pity all the super spreaders that are shocked to find that out too late down the line. The key known since time began of a spreader, is you won't know you're a spreader. If anything spreaders are known to feel better that usual.

So much historical science has been missed in advice this round. Apart from the chief medical adviser suggesting things won't really cut the problem that much. Of course not. Spreaders are all over running riot saying dumb backward things like 'I thought I would know'. It's like history of spreaders never happened. Spreaders historically always feel full of health. Reminds me of microbial parasites in ants, how the ant never has more energy since it's parasitic infection to super spread fungal spores at the next windy day on a highest point over a forest.

More playing games should stop the virus spreading.
                  If everybody played games to begin with R rate would have always been 0.

How people are taking their masks seriously, they're a major bacteria trap. Most of the worlds most serious untreatable diseases are from leaving bacteria traps to mature. Hope they wash or burn them after usage. What grows on masks could be worse than the virus itself left enough time to mature one day maybe.

Only the people that live in a fantasy world of their own ideas are safe maybe. Like the people 'bad things don't happen to me'. Types. Against all bacteria science. Their worlds made of the idealized view. Not science view. Works for some I guess.

Interesting to see no use of UVC. I had money on that at one point. And in march China news said they were treating the infected with it and had good rate of killing all the bacteria with it. That shop lighting could have a room of UVC to decontaminate people and then they could go about freely without any further protection required. Knowing it kills all bacteria instantly.

When they said stay indoors during the summer was a worry too. Nobody said to sunbathe to kill the virus. Which of course is part of sun light is that it kills diseases. Though a strong dose of UVC if it doesn't kill you kills all known bacteria anyway. But nothing said by medical people over this.

Sad about the 'woops' mistakes by supposed people that are meant to be medically trained... accidentally forgetting bacteria logic and 'woops' accidentally spreading the illnesses to the maximum extent 'accidentally' possible particularly 'opps' around old peoples homes even 'woops' accidentally sending people to attain the disease to then come back to spread it in the home 'opps'.

Woops. A pretty rubbish version of a carry on type of flick. The medical people that forgot medical precautions entirely and kept 'accidentally causing maximum spread'. Another sick thing is how all last year young people were on TV saying how much they hate old people, now this year they get to watch the stats go up. Reminds me of be careful what you wish for, you might not really mean it you know. Among the hill of horrible conincidences to pity as life treads onwards.

Comment

UVC from the sun is filtered by the atmosphere, which is the only reason life exists on the planet. Or I could be remembering that wrongly.
                    That's why sunglasses only talk about UVA and UVB. UVC kills the virus because it causes double-bond breaking damage to the virus's DNA, stopping it from being able to replicate. We would get cancer instead. Sunbathing to kill the virus, I think Trump actually suggested that. Sunlight only penetrates a few layers of skin. It can kill the virus on surfaces and on your skin, but in your lungs or blood stream it's a bit like trying to grow a new leg with homeopathy and the power of positive thought.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Right, got to get something off my chest that nobody is talking about and yet should be all over public information - footpath etiquette. We're living with a global pandemic and people are wandering all over footpaths. Or heading right down the centre ensuring anyone passing will have to come close to you. Those people are giant tits.

We need new footpath etiquette rules. Stick to one side, stay in your lane, travel like Tusken Raiders and stop getting in the way of people faster than you.
                    I'm with you on this until the bitter end. The river pathway on my walk to work is for walkers, joggers and cyclists. The cyclists at least whiz past, it's the "we are running together so we have to run side by side by side" joggers that take the cake then **** all over it. Do you not see me moving as far away from you as physically possible without falling down the embankment? No, you're too busy yapping about some bull**** as loud as you can.

I've been pissed off royally by kids at school who think that just because they have a drink in their hand, that gives them permission to not wear their masks.

Comment

We are having the same issue with masks. My year 7 class came back after their second two weeks of self isolation (more time off than in school) and literally none of them were wearing masks in the corridor. Cue a big lecture from me. 3 days later, and they are still wearing them, but it's a constant battle.

Comment

Well first day of lockdown...and tbh felt pretty much business as normal was still quite busy the local factories all are still open (as due to construction sites being open....the factories supply them) It is a annoyance though all these business are not using common sense though, not staggering lunches and breaks and letting loads of people go at once, when i look out of the shop window and see a van with 8 people getting out and not wearing masks until they come in it does really bug me and the odd one not wearing a mask at all. Really they should phone in orders from the deli and just send one person to pick it up as it was confirmed last week one of the factories had a few covid cases.

Sheer amount of people bringing in the there kids as well today

Comment

**** them. Let them all get Covid 19 and then they'll see what stupid twats they are. It's dicks like them which have made numbers spike in the West.
                          I'm sitting on a full train as I write this and every single person is wearing a mask. EVERYONE! in fact, you'd not get on the train without one due to shear embarrassment.
                          Last edited by Yakumo; 24-10-2020, 01:40.

Comment

So, two weeks back, my wife caught Coronavirus from the Headmaster at the school she teaches at because he's been really blasé about wearing masks, so much that you were the odd one out and felt silly if you wore one.
                            Well, he's infected a bunch of the teachers and they've had to stop a year group from attending.

I'm really annoyed as I've been really careful from the start, wearing a mask and gloves if I ventured to the shops because I knew if my Mom got C-19 straight after radiotherapy, it would have killed her. My work has been really stringent on mask-wearing too and does temp tests as you enter.

The timeline was that my wife started showing symptoms on Saturday, tested Sunday, results late on Monday.
                            The local Council had asked the school to get the kids tested, so I did that Tuesday, results Wednesday - both negative.

My wife has been isolating in the bedroom, whilst me and the kids were quarantining in the house, which we've not left other than for the test.

My wife started with a cough, but that was overtaken by fatigue, sleeping most the day and just waking for meals.
                            That has waned a bit and she's up all day, but every task, physical or mental, is really draining, which has her really worried.
                            Seriously, just summoning the mental energy to compose an email leaves her exhausted.
                            The sense of taste and smell went about a week ago and has only slightly returned.

I've been WFH, trying to teach the kids, look after the house and the patient, plus sleeping on the sofa and doing all the cooking, so I'm a bit spent.

Back at work today as my quarantine has ended and I have looooads to catch up on.

So, basically, my wife isn't as bad as it could be, but it definitely hits you.

WEAR A MASK.

Comment

Sorry to hear that QC. Shocking behaviour from a headteacher.

Work must seem like a holiday!

Comment

Report the head.

Comment

Working...
                                X