All Good Things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I think the main thing to take away from this thread is that Vin Diesel needs to see more films.
    Heh, Vin Diesel's quote being the basis of the question does make it funny

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Well we didn't get the best movie moment but we did find the worst interview moment.

Comment

"I have to be leaving, but I won't let that come between us".

Comment

Bit of a cliché but... The opening of Saving Private Ryan. The D-day landing has to be one of the greatest cinematic moments put on film. I don't like the rest of the film, but that opening is something special.

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] good call with that man hunter scene

Comment

It's just....superdupercooooool, innit?

RED DRAGON just didn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Bit of a cliché but... The opening of Saving Private Ryan. The D-day landing has to be one of the greatest cinematic moments put on film. I don't like the rest of the film, but that opening is something special.
                I agree, honestly. It has to be the best war movie scene, at least. The rest of the film is so-so but that was amazing, and you can tell because it influenced an entire generation of war movies and videogames that followed it.

Comment

Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!

Comment

Nice to see u back dude.

Comment

Vasquez arcing her smart gun across the screen, "Let's Rock!"

Comment

Iconic train-based opening sequence of GET CARTER once you've seen it once and know how significant that ring on that guy's finger actually is.

It's masterful. Gives it all away right at the start.

THE USUAL SUSPECTS thought it was smarter than every film around by employing a more laboured version of a similar trick.

The difference is that I saw THE USUAL SUSPECTS at the flicks, I thought it was a sterile wannabe Tarantino movie with THE best twist I'd probably ever seen in a film in my life.

But I curiously didn't wanna watch it again. I never really had any affection for the movie itself...JUST its exquisite twist.

That says a lot. I ended up seeing it on VHS a few years later and it was just meh, it had farted its fizzle with the twist. It's laboured and neutered and wannabe.

But you can't say that about Michael Caine's iconic turn in GET CARTER.

I could watch this 'til the cows come home, go back out, come back home again, go out, they come back home, then the cows they go back, they return home, and then they go, and then they come, and then they went away...and walked back home the same way.

ANYWAY

You know what I am saying.

GET CARTER is riggedy-raw-dog

Comment

I also entirely forgot THE best bit.

That Roy Budd theme kicking off. Sometimes solar systems align in perfect harmony. This is what ya get.

Comment

The true introduction of the T-Rex and its attack of Dr. Hammond's grandchildren, followed by Dr. Grant's efforts to help them escape in Jurassic Park is still one of the most thrilling and tense sequences of cinematic history ever.

I also greatly enjoyed the team-up scenes in The Avengers that ends with the spinning shot around the main team in the first film from 2012. Alternatively the end set piece from Avengers: Endgame which is pretty much 30 minutes of payoff for genre fans in the film's final act.
                            Last edited by Paddy; 21-03-2020, 22:30.

Comment

I actually liked a bit of JURASSIC PARK.

I'm assuming that's the chubby guy with the glasses from SEINFELD.

Comment

That bit with the Velociraptor. Looks nice but it's all evil instinct. You know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X