The "Other" 3D Fighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Just remembered PSYCHIC FORCE. I think we got PS1 and DC versions in PAL, iirc?

One of those crazy, Dragonbally fighters with mad, airborne fighting and lots of lasery effects.

Could never get into them but I remember thinking they seemed like good quality games, they were from Taito, I think?
    Talking of dragon flying, there's a 3D fighter on the Saturn in hi-rez at 60fps featuring dragons. Can't remember the name at the moment. It's a stunner to look at. Even made its way to the arcades in Japan.

Comment

Aw, man, if only the PAL SS had got these smooth-arse games!!!!

Makes me sad, even though it had lacking 3D graphics at 50hz, there was something pleasingly *'special'* about the PAL SS. It felt like some amazing, Van Gogh-style genius who *occasionally* decided to give the world a proper blaster. But you had to wait and let the programmers work their magic.

I don't mind waiting for quality but it seemed the rest of the world didn't care for waiting.

So sad. I proper loved the PAL Saturn. *Apart from that ****-awful original PAL joypad. I have never touched worse L/R buttons.

Comment

All I needed were PD Zwei, SF Alpha 2 and SEGA Rally. Even on PAL.

Those were my PAL games of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Talking of dragon flying, there's a 3D fighter on the Saturn in hi-rez at 60fps featuring dragons. Can't remember the name at the moment. It's a stunner to look at. Even made its way to the arcades in Japan.
          Elan Doree?

Comment

Did anyone here ever play Destrega? I always wanted to, but never have - because it's one of the dozen or so PS1 games that doesn't work on the PS2 (well the PAL version is).

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Elan Doree?
              That's the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Did anyone here ever play Destrega? I always wanted to, but never have - because it's one of the dozen or so PS1 games that doesn't work on the PS2 (well the PAL version is).
                Yeah, I played it, I had a scratched-up Blockbuster rental disc of it but it worked fine on my PS1.

It's...alright. It reminded me a bit of a duller-looking EHRGEIZ with browner graphics.

Bit of a free-roamy combat fightery thing...I was more into BUSHIDO BLADE and ONIMUSHA BLADE WARRIORS.

But it's deffo not bad at what it does, it's decent quality and if you like this sort of game I'd say check it out. I'd send you the disc but I fear I may have given it away a few years back...

Comment

Working...
                X