Data East Game System & Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data East Game System & Retrospective

I stumbled across this out in the wild this week....

Favorite Data East memories? Anyone got one of these worth 19.99 for the Gameboy Advance version There is a Gameboy Colour vertical variation. Both also available from Amazon It states it has 300 titles so interested what the others are if anyone knows!

Here is a selected history and sofotgraphy if not familiar with Data East

Any links to great fanpages or articles to expand this thread appreciated. I enjoyed Caveman Ninja othe SNES originaly, Fighter's History was terrible, Midnight Resistence was bloody amazing on Amiga and Megadrive however....

Last edited by CAPCOM; 18-03-2020, 19:12.

Other options Supports CPS GBA / GBC / GB / SEGA / NES / SFC / NEOGEO

This one looks like my personal choice in honesty

Anyone know anything about ANBERNIC as a recommendation and the second variation as a retro gaming device?

All other ideas appreciated...Really want to play UN Squadron and Carrier Airwing back to back on MAME.
    Last edited by CAPCOM; 18-06-2020, 01:11.

Comment

I really liked the Zenobi text adventures on the Spectrum!

Comment

Aw mate, please don't buy that red thing with the black buttons!!!!

I nearly did myself, there was a 2nd Hand one in Cashies for a tenner to fifteenish (I've forgotten).

ANYWAY, it's apparently really bad NES emu with this thing. Not even the arcade versions.

If it says anything, I'm a proper retro sucker, a nutter for these sort of thangs but I saw reviews of it - far too many - that made me NOT wanna buy it. Even at a tenner. And I'm the biggest barg-hunter on here!

Comment

Better off with a Pi and a few GB of ROMs.

Or hack a SNES Mini.

This thing is chronic like pancreatic disorders.

Comment

If that grey one is the RG350 then go for it. I've got the black and orange one, very well made, runs almost everything up to PSX very well.

Comment

I so miss the days of going to the Arcade and seeing the logo from the likes of Data East Ect

Some of mine you be...

Having the game on the Mega Drive and seeing Midnight Resistance in Terminator 2
              The gems that were Road Adv and Cobra Command on the Mega CD
              Wind Jammers on the Neo
              Robocop - Goes with out saying
              The overlooked Saturn gem that is Suiko Enbu: Fuunsaiki
              And growing up in the Ninja craze of the 80's Playing DragonNinja in the Arcades

Comment

Working...
              X