User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, you can tell very quickly that you need to use the chainsaw to restock a lot, I think I'm just hopeful it doesn't get old like melee tended to in the previous game. That being said, stuff seems to unlock quick so I assume there'll be some inbuilt variety later in the game on that too.

I love how quickly it all starts to become instinctive. Using the environments, picking off the bigger guys while farming the popcorn demons for health/ammo/armour. It feels so great when it all clicks.

I went back and did the first couple of levels again and ripping through them I definitely felt more badass the second time round. Completed the first Slayer Gate too.

Wicked game and looks brill on the One X. HDR implementations are sublime

Take it all back - it’s friggin awesome!

Agreed, I'm about a quarter of the way in after last night and it's doing a good job of regularly doling out upgrades that make a tangible difference to your ease in traversing and taking out enemies which is fending off any feelings of it being repetitive given the level design is technically often samey. So far it's looking good.

The low ammo at start really did take me back but the chain saw refills for one charge so you can always get ammo back and thankfully after getting ammo upgrades and more weapons it became less of a issue.

It feels like Doom dialled up to 11, they really throw stuff at you but I much prefer the combat here, having the enemies getting battle damage just made the combat so much more satisfying

The platforming bits i actually found quite fun , also unlike the previous game i also felt more compelled to find secrets.

The Marauder though is not a good idea.......may not be hard after a while but still takes more time then most over enemies and for me just slowed everything down

A word of praise for the map. Usually 3D zoomable/rotatable maps are a total nightmare to negotiate, e.g. see the recent mess of the Star Wars Fallen Order map which only adds to the confusion, but this works perfectly. Legible and super-quick. Hugely impressed with the polish across all aspects of this.

Had some more time on this last night and did the Cultist Base level, which ramps up the intensity quite a bit. Mark of a great game though, even when a bit kicks you over and over it's always fun to keep trying until you've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Had some more time on this last night and did the Cultist Base level, which ramps up the intensity quite a bit. Mark of a great game though, even when a bit kicks you over and over it's always fun to keep trying until you've done it.
    Yeah it’s hard - i am on the normal difficulty and that cultist base bit in the 2nd arena is stomping me badly. FPS Noobs need not apply!

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    This is true. That level rocked me back on my heels too, but it kept pulling me back in until I got through it. Awesome stuff.