Doom Eternal - PS4 / Xbox One / PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Oops - I meant ultra-violence! I am much better prepared for it after completing on hurt me plenty!
    Still sounds like a bold adventure

I know what you mean though. Going back to earlier levels you realise that your skills have developed along the way ... it's not just skill/suit buffs that make you tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Still sounds like a bold adventure

I know what you mean though. Going back to earlier levels you realise that your skills have developed along the way ... it's not just skill/suit buffs that make you tougher.
      How are you managing the marauders?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
        How are you managing the marauders?
        Generally fine, once I got the hang of them. The first encounter felt unbeatable at first but once that sweet proximity spot is found (and the dog quickly managed whenever unleashed) I found them okay. Very satisfying landing that second hit during battles

Comment

Great game though because it leans that bit harder in on being a modern day 90's FPS than the original I think I slightly prefer Doom 2016.

Comment

This is one of my games of the year with out a doubt. It's a game you really have to play without having anything else on the go as it requires focus and muscle memory ... so having finished it months ago I tried the first dlc last night, which begins at the same difficulty the main game finished on

To say I'm not match fit is an understatement. That's a slight failing of the dlc model ... in a game like this you need to play it with momentum. A couple of months away is enough to rob you of your edge a bit. I'm still going to chip away but it's a shock to the system going back at this level after not playing for a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              This is one of my games of the year with out a doubt. It's a game you really have to play without having anything else on the go as it requires focus and muscle memory ... so having finished it months ago I tried the first dlc last night, which begins at the same difficulty the main game finished on

To say I'm not match fit is an understatement. That's a slight failing of the dlc model ... in a game like this you need to play it with momentum. A couple of months away is enough to rob you of your edge a bit. I'm still going to chip away but it's a shock to the system going back at this level after not playing for a good while.
              This was my biggest 'concern' about going back in having finished the main game a few months ago. I think a refresher would definitely be needed but, with all the new things coming soon, this might have to wait until next year now.

Comment

Anyone know how to get round the problem of not being able to download the DLC? I bought the Deluxe Edition today in the sale, and there’s a trolley icon next to the DLC. Clicking on it takes me to the DLC page on the PS Store, where it says ‘Not available for purchase’.

I’ve tried the restoring licenses fix, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                  Anyone know how to get round the problem of not being able to download the DLC? I bought the Deluxe Edition today in the sale, and there’s a trolley icon next to the DLC. Clicking on it takes me to the DLC page on the PS Store, where it says ‘Not available for purchase’.

I’ve tried the restoring licenses fix, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.
                  Try loading the game up and accessing it from the main menu. That's what happened for me ... I selected and it confirmed I owned it.

Comment

Still nothing unfortunately. Main Menu option (just below the campaign) says The Ancient Gods & has a trolley option beside it. I’ve tried accessing it from the game and the store but either option says ‘Unavailable for purchase’. When I click on It says I can buy the Season Pass, but the Deluxe Edition already encompasses that, and I have the Maykr Slayer Skin but no DLC... A mystery.

I’ll try & contact support, I think.

Comment

In lieu of the forthcoming graphical update, is it possible to replay the campaign with all weapon upgrades intact or do you have to completely start afresh?

Comment

Gives you the option to replay levels so you can pick up missed secrets and upgrades, though have to keep selecting missions

Comment

Yeah, cheers [MENTION=3349]eastyy[/MENTION], I thought that might be the case. I think I want the full experience again so will probably start from scratch.

Comment

Im not sure i enjoyed this as much as the original i loved he shooting and the crazy arena type encounters where your on the edge constantly but the platforming sections i found a real drag, and parts of the level design felt quite ropey at times. Id say yes to the amazing sound design and mental combat but no the Mario bits.

Comment

Tbh i much prefer Eternal, the lack of ammo at the beginning was a bit jarring but getting used to the way they want you to play I got it, thing that makes the combat so much more fun for me is the enemy battle damage and shooting off enemy weak points, having more variety in stages was also good as far as platforming goes I actually did not mind them.

Thing that surprised me most is how much i enjoyed the lore and story and just wanted to know more

Comment

Update 6.66 - get it? Heh heh! Very tasty-looking bit of free update, to be fair. A horde mode, new Battlemode 2.0, new arenas and master levels, better progression systems. And loot. Think this might be getting re-installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X