No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you get a wet suit to use today or will I need to buy one and wait for delivery tomorrow? Dang it!

Doesn't seem to let you in with surf shorts, snorkel and vest

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Can you get a wet suit to use today or will I need to buy one and wait for delivery tomorrow? Dang it!

Doesn't seem to let you in with surf shorts, snorkel and vest
      You can grab one in the Nookling's cabinet. I wondered this same thing earlier until I spotted that.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Love the swimming update. It’s great to throw yourself in the water again. Spent all morning just swimming and diving for stuff.

Comment

So I've managed to get 3 scallops this morning, and the otter (Rakosuke in Japanese, I forget his english name) gave me a Mermaid rug DIY for the first one. You need pearls for crafting, and I only found one so far. So there is the bottleneck and the next tradeable item.

Comment

Other tweaks in the new update:

“Something a little less expected is a change to the NPC visiting timetable - as found by seasoned Animal Crossing dataminer Ninji. The main difference is that Leif, Saharah and Kicks are no longer guaranteed visitors every week, meaning that you should get a more "even spread" of visitors to the island. Ninji also observed that Nintendo is actively tinkering with a save data backup function, something it had previously promised to implement post-launch. Oh, and apparently you can now buy multiple items from Saharah at once - thank goodness.”

Comment

Glad to hear I won't be seeing Saharah so much, I think I've got most of her walls and floors now.
                I had CJ yesterday, and Flick today.

Comment

Enjoying the swimming so far mainly for the new sea creature related puns when you catch them. Not gonna lie some of them have made me giggle when reading them others a groan i love the work put onto their flavour text. So far caught 22 of them and donated to museum i like how they fill out the aquarium i always wondered why the tank set under the floor near the sea butterfly exhibit was there for soon as i got a moon jellyfish i had my answer. Those damn moon jellyfish are the new seabass i keep thinking oooooh a pearl as it comes up from the bottom to discover nope another damn jellyfish lol. Thankyou to the kind benefactor who sent me pretty much the perfect colour cordinated swimsuit, i had a couple already to wear but i put that sucker on as it colour matched to perfection.

So far found the grand total of 1 pearl i have a feeling it's going to be a pain in the ass to complete the mermaid set but least it gives me a reason to keep swimming found Pascal once so far and he gave me the mermaid wallpaper. Have a load of scallops saved up hope i can use them more than once a day when he next appears. It's nice you can swim the entire perimiter of your island so you can keep going and harvest till you fill up your inventory. Some of those things move damn fast.

Also noticed the Tanabata bamboo branch was for sale in the nook catalogue under the tab where the special time related stuff lives heard it might be limited to Japan regions so i have been sending it out to people on my list in case they can't get it as it's a really pretty item and will make a nice tunnel decoration if you put loads down in a row.

Comment

We can order it too, don't worry.

Comment

Right, oddly not related to the swimming part but how rare are cinch shells on the beach? I want to craft a shell speaker for my bathroom but I can't seem to find any, am I in the wrong season?

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] if it was a yellow stripy swimsuit or a blue snorkel mask those were from me

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                        Right, oddly not related to the swimming part but how rare are cinch shells on the beach? I want to craft a shell speaker for my bathroom but I can't seem to find any, am I in the wrong season?

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] if it was a yellow stripy swimsuit or a blue snorkel mask those were from me
                        It was indeed a yellow one it totally matched my look, thanks again as for conch shells yeah they seem a little harder to find than some of the others it’s annoying as the seashell furniture tends to need them. I’ll see if I have any spares in storage when I get home this evening from work.

Edit: managed to tether my phone to go online while on my break there should be a letter with 6 in waiting for you.
                        Last edited by importaku; 04-07-2020, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post

About the same as giant clams.
                          I’ll mail you a handful, got some in storage.

Comment

Are we thinking it’s one recipe a day from Pascal?

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                              Are we thinking it’s one recipe a day from Pascal?
                              Seems to be as he appears when you grab a scallop then swims off behind the netting so you can’t talk to him again. if he doesn’t appear when you grab your first scallop of the day then he’s not gonna turn up I think, so it’s pointless saving any extra scallops for him. Gonna guess it’ll be like with gulliver you’ll get a different diy each time till you have them all then they will repeat.

Comment

What I do with seashells is sweep the beach (usually twice a day), then chuck them all into storage.
                                If I get a Nook Miles cheev for selling shells, there’s always a stash then, so I grab 10 (usually sand dollars) of the ones I have the most of.

Comment

Working...
                                X