No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't played in a week. What is wrong with me!?

Comment

I haven’t played since 2 June. Looking forward to the bug off & these updates though.

Comment

Yeah I have a friend who has invited me to play in her village tomorrow so looking forward to that.

Managed to bag some hard-to-get Amiibo cards on Ebay and trade this week. If all arrive safely I have 14/462 left to get, most of them way too expensive or hard to trade so I think I'll be forced to stop soon. I think I can get maybe 4 of them through excellent trades or not crazy money, it is doable if I am lucky but a fair few of them are just way too expensive and never up for trade.

Comment

So far, the bug-off seems slightly less of a grind than the fishing tourney, despite having exactly the same mechanics.

Not having to travel to water, shorter catch animations, and (in my town anyway) an abundance of flowers means I’m averaging more than 15 points a round. Fishing tourney was probably half that, so I estimate it’ll take about half the time.

In case you’re not aware of the rewards, 100 points total will get you a bronze trophy, 200 silver, 300 gold. This isn’t made clear anywhere, so if you want the gold, keep going to 300.

Weirdly, it appears I’d subconsciously trained my mind to ignore the crappy low value bugs scattered around, and I had to really spot them to start with.
          Last edited by Budge74; 27-06-2020, 09:01.

Comment

I can’t be bothered with it, to be honest. Not a fan of the longer grind where there really is no element of competition or surprise at whether you win or not. It simply is ‘do the thing long enough to earn items’.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I can’t be bothered with it, to be honest. Not a fan of the longer grind where there really is no element of competition or surprise at whether you win or not. It simply is ‘do the thing long enough to earn items’.
              I’ll have a boat-load of spares of the rewards, You can come and help yourself to a set.

Comment

Flick will also buy your regularly caught insects as usual. I just sold almost 1m worth of scorpions.

Comment

And this is my seed.

Comment

I’ve got one of those crazy meteor storms today.
                    It starts at 7pm and runs all night, I’ll open up just before. Celeste May make an appearance too.

Last chance to grab any of the bug gear too, before I flog it off to the Nooklings for pennies.
                    Tons of DIYs to grab too. (Too many to list).

My nips have peaked (!) at about 120. Again.

Comment

I still can't believe I missed rainbows in May and June. I had no idea.

Comment

I didn't see a single rainbow.

Comment

They seem to happen midday-ish after rain.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            They seem to happen midday-ish after rain.
                            Ah I don't play in the middle of the day so I guess I'll never see then in my island.

I've actually not played this for two days straight which is a bit of an odd feeling, but I think I'll jump in tonight to try and get a slice of the meteor show promised earlier
                            Last edited by Briareos; 01-07-2020, 19:21.

Comment

So the update dropped at 7pm for me, and I was swimming at 730 (after getting in some Rocket League).

You can buy the swimsuit at Nook's, I'm expecting a few colour/design variations.
                              You'll also find a letter from Nintendo with a snorkel mask. I got a pink one and sent it to a couple of people. Always happy to get other colours!
                              There is a Bamboo Branch for Tanabata (July 7th) in the Seasonal tab in Nook Shopping, and under the clothing section there is an "Other" section with the swimsuits.
                              I didn't get any of those special things that get you Mermaid series stuff, but it's raining at my place tomorrow so I'm going to be dredging the entire ocean looking for them. You do also get a third section of creatures to go with insects and fish, although this one is half the size.
                              The biggest question for me now is: is there a visitor who will make models of the creatures for you, like CJ does for fish and Flick does for insects. If there isn't I'll just sell everything I don't donate and save myself some more storage space.

Comment

Downloading update before i head out to work you'll all probably start to see me online playing again although i won't have a huge amount of time this week as my rota is garbage this week my next day off is monday so i'll try to come village hopping. No idea what state my town is going to be in as i havent booted it up in over 3 weeks now.

Comment

Working...
                                X