Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
    Just noticed there were some new seasonal things too.
    Can’t remember getting told about those.
    A brown horse ride-on thing, and a couple of kimonos.
    They did mention new seasonal bits at the very end of the update announcement.

Comment

1.41 update seems to have introduced a glitch with the Sumo Ring flooring.

If you’ve got one, place it on your floor and it’ll mirror your wallpaper.

Comment

In your storage it is invisible too

Comment

Seems the design kiosk in the Able sisters shop has had an update.
          Might have been a while ago, but I haven’t used it for a bit.

You can now search by description, which makes it a lot more useful...

Comment

Update live to take the game to version 1.4.2 - fixing the Sumo flooring issue and a few others bits like the glowing spot appearing behind buildings.

Comment

I haven't played this in about a week and it feels weird. I played New Leaf for a couple of years every single day. Have I changed? I wonder if the terraforming feature was too big, too easy and opened too soon. Because it's so powerful, I could change my island and turn it from a generic AC island to something more special in the space of about a week... but then there was a loss of momentum afterwards because that was such a huge burst of activity. I don't know. It's a lovely game with some really nice features but I'm just surprised I'm not playing it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I haven't played this in about a week and it feels weird. I played New Leaf for a couple of years every single day. Have I changed? I wonder if the terraforming feature was too big, too easy and opened too soon. Because it's so powerful, I could change my island and turn it from a generic AC island to something more special in the space of about a week... but then there was a loss of momentum afterwards because that was such a huge burst of activity. I don't know. It's a lovely game with some really nice features but I'm just surprised I'm not playing it all the time.
                Kinda agree, but in my case I think I probably put a years worth of play into 3/4 months.
                I think circumstances caused a large part of that, if I was at work I’d be playing an hour or two a day, rather than 5 or 6.

I’m glad though, none of the games in my unplayed pile would have filled a hole in the way that ACNH did, and I think the crazy sales figures tend to suggest that the rest of the world agrees..

Now I’m down to my daily chores, I might give FF7 or LoU2 a go..

Comment

It's actually made me realise how little I played New Leaf.
                  I remember how it was with the GC game, and doing an hour at most covered what was needed. On the weekend you might be on for a little longer.
                  I crossed 800 hours on NH this week. Just unheard of.
                  Thankfully I have a few more ideas as to how to decorate my island, so it won't be getting stale any time soon.

Comment

Yeah, I have a feeling that what you're both saying might be a factor for me. At the start, there really was so much to do. And then when terraforming becomes available, that amount multiplies massively. And there is still lots to do in the game, it's not a shortage of that at all, but putting so much time into it up front maybe just meant I couldn't keep up that pace. Whereas I feel with New Leaf, the progression and amount of activities was smaller and slower, even more drip fed, and the end result was that I settled into a steady daily rhythm.

I also feel that, by making some things easier or done in your house, like changing your hair for example or even crafting, it takes away a little from those nice little trips around town, from Reese's store to Harriet's, seeing what's in Kicks, having a coffee at Brewster's.

Comment

Mario furniture promised in the new Nintendo direct, as part of the 35th anniversary celebrations.

Comment

So I've shaken all the trees in my town, and got a grand total of one nut! Not counting a tonne of blooming hive stings. I think this is going to be tougher than blue sea shells and blossoms...

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                          So I've shaken all the trees in my town, and got a grand total of one nut! Not counting a tonne of blooming hive stings. I think this is going to be tougher than blue sea shells and blossoms...
                          You can shake the same tree repeatedly.
                          Added bonus of lots of sticks to help you towards the impossible DIY tools Nook Miles reward..

Comment

I got my final insect catching award this weekend. I'd be more chuffed if I didn't need more than 1600 to get the fishing one!

Happy to hear there's some Mario furniture on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                              You can shake the same tree repeatedly.
                              Added bonus of lots of sticks to help you towards the impossible DIY tools Nook Miles reward..
                              Wait a second, I need some clarity on that. Do you mean if I keep shaking a tree that gives me nothing I might still get a nut? Or is it trees that are dropping sticks if I keep shaking may drop a nut? Lastly if I find a tree that drops a nut can it drop multiple nuts if I keep shaking it?

On a similar topic I have more nut bearing trees than cone bearing ones so I planted ten pines last night to have more to harvest from, and ended up getting the second award for tree planting. Turns out all the tress I have are either planted fruit or money so it turns out I hadn't planted that many actual trees it would seem!

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                                Wait a second, I need some clarity on that. Do you mean if I keep shaking a tree that gives me nothing I might still get a nut? Or is it trees that are dropping sticks if I keep shaking may drop a nut? Lastly if I find a tree that drops a nut can it drop multiple nuts if I keep shaking it?

On a similar topic I have more nut bearing trees than cone bearing ones so I planted ten pines last night to have more to harvest from, and ended up getting the second award for tree planting. Turns out all the tress I have are either planted fruit or money so it turns out I hadn't planted that many actual trees it would seem!
                                yes to all 3 just keep shaking them eventually it will drop something, sometimes it can happen in seconds other times it can be a lot longer like a minute but if you get bored move onto another tree but you are gonna get a lot of sticks in between the few nuts you get. It's like each tree contains a rng generator when you shake you'll either get nothing, a stick, or rarely a nut/pinecone but theres no limit to what you can get as each tree never seems to run out just keep shaking those suckers.
                                Last edited by importaku; 04-09-2020, 11:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X