Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

So, I've been lightly plucking away at this and I think the first thought - though it may be memory playing me because of how long it's been for this franchise - is that it feels slower paced to get going than before. You're limited on your island in terms of player space at first and there isn't a whole lot to do as the game seems to want to slowly ease you in but those familiar with AC's loop will be more eager to get stuck in working on their collections and freeing their debt to reclaim their mortal soul from the dark claws of Tom Nook.

It seems to be largely business as usual with two townsfolk arriving with you as you set up your tent and begin collecting wood and fruit. It's beyond hope that you can unlock Mario Galaxy in this I guess
    1 - Let it Turn to Weeds
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    5 - This is My Town
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - I'm a Victim of Tom Nook
    0%

Never played an Animal Crossing game before but it looks like it might be just the tonic in the coming months. May take the plunge ... once I've kicked large amounts of demon ass in DOOM.

Comment

Only played for about an hour , it’s more of the same and utterly lovely . Off to do more ocd weeding of Bellend

Comment

LOL bellend i love it both evoking a quaint english garden cottage & yet a sneaky insult i'm surprised Nintendo didn't catch that one lol, i'm just a few hours away from my island its curently sat on a amazon van somewhere for delivery before 9pm. This ones gonna feel weird as it's the first time i'll have played one in english before it's japanese version as they always came out in Japan first genuinely curious if it's a multilingual version as it came out same day as japan this time. Lets hope they can connect to each other for island visiting i do miss the wonderful Japanese shop signs and stuff as they always used a charming style of font.

My amiibo cards are on standby to see just who they left out of the game, praying my faves are still in there.

Comment

had a little play around with the design editor

Comment

Played it from 12-3am last night and from 11am-5.00 today. So you could say I'm enjoying it. There's something slightly OCD-annoying about the Nook Miles, and the flimsy weapons break too easily, but everything else has been a slow, steady, fantastic voyage of discovery.

Comment

I got this each for my 6 yr daughter and 7 yr old son. I'm hoping now Tom Nook has stopped yapping (kids and their patience),that the game has a bit more freedom?

They are happy enough designing t-shirts at the moment

Was looking to get them online together via the Flights place but he said come back tomorrow
              Last edited by hudson; 20-03-2020, 19:35.

Comment

Called my island Shimajima.
                Obviously I wanted to call it Shima uma jima but that was too long.

Comment

Had a quick play. Looks like i don't need a Japanese version the english one is multilungual you can play in Japanese if you change your systems language settings so if i fancy enjoying all the in game signs in Japanese its only an option away yay.

Comment

Played for a few hours till there's not much left to do now till the next day, caught a load of fish & insects, paid off nook for the travel costs asked him to upgrade my tent to a house so the slippery debt slope starts lol. Bought a upgrade recipe set for my tools and found a boot while fishing that has given me another recipe. Also got a message in a bottle that had a recipe in it too annoyingly just like the other games a damn present on a balloon went floating by to taunt me as it damn well knows i don't have a catapult yet but so far it's been great the enviroments are so pretty as is the sound of the wind in the trees and the ocean. The graphics are simple yet they have a real look to them like they are a mini model you are on i find it really appealing. Need to buy online now i think so i can start diversifying as my island has peaches on it.

Comment

Done enough to get my tent upgraded to what i assume will be house when i wake up tomorrow, however i'm a bit miffed they decided to hide gameplay improvements behind nook miles+ trade in's, the tool ring and more custom art tools should just be given to you, im fine with them locking bigger inventory and new hair styles behind it at least.

Comment

Impressions have sold me Just bought the digital version (£39.85 @ shopto).

Comment

Nevermind, we figured out the island visiting. Can someone please explain a simple game loop for my kids to understand? Are there fetch quests to earn the bells? My kids won't let me on long enough to find out.

Comment

It’s not so structured as to have fetch quests but they can pick up weeds and junk and fruit to sell for bells.

I was told it wouldn’t arrive until next week but was surprised when this dropped through my letterbox this morning. I’m now all set up on the island and have my tent and my first two villagers (Canberra and Billy). It’s totally gorgeous!

My kids are already bugging me, with one of them dumping their tent on MY beach. Damn them. Not into the island sharing at all. Anyway, it’s gorgeous!

Comment

from what i can see, the main loop is collecting nook miles, which is points given out for first time events and collecting milestones, this in turn also acts as way to start new events through Nook like upgrading the tent to house, getting new villagers in, QoL improvements to gameplay etc,etc.

So doing anything in the game from collecting weeds, fishing, digging to making items from blueprints (found, gotten off neighbours or bought with bells or nook miles) adds to the nook miles(+)

Comment

Working...
                              X