Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    10,000 bell trees? How big is your island?
    hehe trees with 10,000 bell bags on so thats 30,000 bells per tree not 10,000 trees as that would kill the framerate assuming you could even move about lol.

Just chopped about 90% of them down the rest are in a fenced off area so if i need to harvest them i can remove a piece of fence & get in but if visitors are here they wont be able to get past the fence as they arent able to pick it up or remove anything so the mini bell tree orchard is safe. Just netted nearly a million in harvesting those trees, every day it pays to find the glowing spot and plant a 10,000 bell bag.

Comment

My turnip prices went down to 150something this afternoon so I’m glad I sold.

Okay, I’m turning out to be the guy who just fixates on what’s missing but... is there swimming in this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        My turnip prices went down to 150something this afternoon so I’m glad I sold.

Okay, I’m turning out to be the guy who just fixates on what’s missing but... is there swimming in this one?
        So far nope the 3ds swimming isnt here but who knows with nintendo & the coming updates.

Comment

Yeah, I guess we’re going to get a lot in updates. On basic package alone, it does feel like it’s a lot lighter and, as always these days, I wonder what will happen if I decide to pick up the game in ten years. Now, I could dip back into Wild World and experience everything there is. But New Horizons on the same timeline? Possibly not. I guess that’s just the way of modern gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] your present was amazing and totally caught me by surprise. I onnly just learnt last night that there were other pinball machines in the game as some douche on ebay was selling a set of game room gear and he had the arcades as well as a few other items and one of them was a pinball table but not the haunted house design like the one i have been sharing it was one that had red paintwork i was totally unaware there was a 3rd one till just now when i recieved your gift. So it looks like there's potentially at least 3 pinball tables like there are 3 arcade machines but maybe there's more and people haven't found them yet.

Btw i couldn't think of a suitable thankyou gift so i sent you a pitfall, i'm not sure if getting one in the post is enough to learn the recipe or not. If you don't learn the recipe when you get it try planting it and digging it back up as the info online says you wil learn the recipe if you dig one up without falling in first.

Pitfalls are crafted from branches and weeks so finally a use for the surplus i have hehe
            Glad you liked it! I thought of you as soon as I got it. I sent you an "Oranges" cardboard box this morning as I wasn't sure if you had that one. Funny thing is, my fruit is apples...
            Always happy to get cabs if anyone wants to send me!

Also, I have a row of trees with money on them, to stop people shaking them I put a rope fencing around it and red floor lights in between to turn it into an outdoor display.

Comment

btw, has this happened to anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                Crikey - how do you come across that much cheddar in this game? I feel flush if I've got enough to buy a new record each day.
                To be honest I had saved up some money (about 199k bells) then I ploughed that and whatever I made last Saturday in my fruit harvest into turnips bought from Budge at 95 bells a pop. Then I sat on the ACNips reddit page refreshing until I saw a price above 400 and waited to see if I would get a Dodo code. After an hour I got the invite and flipped my nips into a cool 1.4 million. Then foolishly spent it on a Crown, but I mean when am I ever going to have the cash and the chance to buy the Crown at the same time? Who needs more rooms and storage anyway

Comment

On my quest to get as many furniture items as possible i have noticed that the rng for putting new items in nooks cranny is pretty crap it seems from doing daily skips for a months worth of game seems to barely net any new furniture items. It seems to be the same pool of around 20 items with some odd one off new item. I'm hoping there is a 3rd shop upgrade as in previous games it meant you had a lot more selection in the shop so the chances of getting something new were a bit better.

Rumblings on the net indicate that feng shui is in this game too so i'm gonna gut my house as an experiment and redo the layout to place the correct coloured items in the right sections to increase luck and money and see if it makes any difference at all to finding new stuff or getting gold nuggets as i have barely found any so far and in over 150 hours thats pretty crap seeing how many recipes there are for gold items. Thankfully one upside to the new catalogue is the items have their colours listed in the bottom left especially for most so it's easy to see now exactly what colour the game classes that item as.

Comment

Started terraforming today as I got K.K. Slider finally. Oh boy, it's gonna take my some time to flatten my island... Probably gonna remove flowers and fencing too, kinda think I prefer a minimalist approach... But we'll see. Maybe I'll just make a gigantic outdoor arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      btw, has this happened to anyone else?

Haaaa this is ace. So they almost song along in time and in tune?! That's amazing! I will try with my ocarina.

Comment

There’s a lot of very clever things the villagers do if you watch them it just adds to the charm and the feeling that there’s a little living island in your switch.

So far the feng shui rearrangement seems to have had minimal of any effect I spent 2000 miles to visit the disappointment islands and managed to get one of the regular crap island I’m usually given out of the tiny pool of five as I don’t believe for a second there are hundreds as I sure as hell haven’t seen all these fantastic ones people are getting. No idea if the gold nugget was pure luck or the furniture did something. I think Nintendo need to tweak the rng better to see more new stuff as if playing on real time and only seeing the same small pool of stuff is gonna wear thin I appreciate this is a slow burning game but you need new stuff to keep it fun I can’t make my island look amazing using a small pool of jumbled odds and ends.

Comment

I have only ever had rubbish mystery islands. Struggling to see the point, other to stock up on a few extra iron supplies. They are too much like our own island with nothing unusual or interesting to offer.

Comment

Yep me too. I've never seen any bamboo or any other than my native fruit. Rubbish!

Comment

Don’t give up, I hit bamboo island the other day AND my original GameCube villager was on there, Goose, I missed that crazy Goose.
                              I’ve invited him back and he’s now on my island today.

Comment

I've gotten the tarantula island once, but that's about it. Now I have the max amount of residents I can't see myself buying any tickets any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X